Shuttle SN25P Expansion Slots

Associate
I am in the process of buiying a new system based around this shuttle.

I was thinking of putting a graphics card and Audigy sound card in, but just noticed they don't have a standard PCI Slot.
Is that right ? not one ! - Just PCI-Express and PCI Express 1x ?

Anyone know of anything useful you can plug into those 1x slots ?

I thought an Audigy would be better than onboard sound, are the shuttle ones more than acceptable when it comes to sound in games ?

Soldato
Yup just one PCI-E x16 and PCI-E x1 - its a small case, dont ya know :p

Think Creative do a sound card but its been showing compat issues (see sffforum).... TV tuner seems a popular choice... but remember a dual slot cooler will mean u cant fit nowt in it.

Soldato
I think the onboard sound is "average" tbh. For example, if I want to play my mp3s through all speakers (5.1) i have to turn on an option... with this option on the 3d surround sound in games is a bit...megh.
Even with the option off its hardly above average. soundstorm slayed it - so its not as if onboard solutions cant do it. But PCI-E solutions are thing on the ground and I have a dual slot cooler.
:(

Associate
OP
Goksly said:
I think the onboard sound is "average" tbh. For example, if I want to play my mp3s through all speakers (5.1) i have to turn on an option... with this option on the 3d surround sound in games is a bit...megh.
Even with the option off its hardly above average. soundstorm slayed it - so its not as if onboard solutions cant do it. But PCI-E solutions are thing on the ground and I have a dual slot cooler.
:(

I would do the opposite of that. I wouldn't want to hear music in anything more than 2.1 (through a music amplifier), but would want to listen to games in 5.1 (I have the Medusa 5.1 headphones).
You are worrying me a little as to the sound quality of this shuttle. Is it really that noticably bad ?

Back
Top Bottom