Watercooling newbie.

Soldato
Hi

I am fed with the noise my PC makes, ive gone from a Lian-Li pc60 to a shuttle SN41G2 and back to a Lian-Li (the slightly shorter version of the pc60, cant remember name, PSU is mounted sideways, right over the cpu, hence high temps below)

My current set up has a Zalman Flower (Athlon xp2800+) with 120mm fan, i have an Enermax 370w Noisetaker and a Nvidia 6800GT (temps are 50-60 idle and flat out)

Im really interested in going the watercooling route (from what i can tell noise is significantly less), not really for overclocking just to take away the noise, I really like the look of:

WaterChill High End CPU/VGA/Chipset Cooling Kit - 120mm Radiator/Fan
Waterchill_03L1307.jpg

Will the said kit fit my cpu, case ect??

I am looking to upgrade to an SLi system, so if need be i will buy new mobo, cpu and gfx (and case if need be), im just desperate to stop the constant hummmm of my machine.

All advice, comments welcome.

Soldato
i would have to agree swiftech better choice of kit but should be able to fit in the case, otherwise fit externally and have pipes running down through pci back plates.

Permabanned
If you want a kit that costs under £100, is very compact and delivers above average performance, I suggest you have a look at the XSPC X20 Kit.

Soldato
OP
MikeTimbers said:
How much headroom do you have between the PSU and the cpu socket. Because of the tubing, you need a reasonable amount of room to be able to put a block and tubes on a cpu.

The Waterchill is not as good as the Swiftech kits.

About 2-3" enough i think to fit a block and pipes. Swiftech kits are better, ok (piccys can be deciving, i like the look of the waterchill ones :) ) But i will take your word for it!! Which kit do you recommend?.....I also want a kit that covers the GFX.

What are the noise levels like?

My case is a Lian-Li PC-50 :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom