Site help

Associate
I cant seem to get my site listed on google it was for a while now it wont list me for some reason. Would an about page on my site be helpfull?

If someone could check my site out and see what im doing wrong or what i could do to help in my ranking that would be great. Also any advice in improving my design would be grreatly appreciated. Remeber though my site doesnt want to look convential and clean like most of the website folk have here.

http://www.lawyerpigeons.com

Last edited:
Permabanned
Dear god.

No offence, but don't you think the site is very brash? The pink (tiled..sigh)background does not work at all with grey and red text.

Sorry to be harsh, but Google isn't your problem really, its usability.

One the plus side, the code is written in XHTML, and seems to quite well put together, with no major errors.

Your flash animation, whatever it is, hasn't been embedded properly, and a few of your tags don't have the correct closing syntax.

they are ">" instead of "/ >"

Permabanned
ferretmaster said:
Its supposed to be brash ha ha. What would be the best way to put the background in?

Code:
body {background-image: url(/link/to/image.jpg); }

But not with that background image. You may want it brash, but whats the point if the background colour stops people reading your site. Which it did for me.

I'm not having a go for no reason, the site just really does look terrible with those colours.

Associate
OP
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

What sort of age bracket are you in though?no offence. So should it show up in google ok? I will sort out the text colour so it is more readable. Its cool i appreacite your advice immensley.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm 19. Regardless of age, people will struggle to read it, trust me.

As for Google, how long has the site been live, what other sites are linking to yours. Is your content on each page formatted correctly.

<title>

<h1>

<h2>

<h3>

<p>

etc etc. Its hard to establish your Google expectations, without knowing what you've done so far.

Soldato
ferretmaster said:
I cant seem to get my site listed on google it was for a while now it wont list me for some reason. Would an about page on my site be helpfull?

If someone could check my site out and see what im doing wrong or what i could do to help in my ranking that would be great. Also any advice in improving my design would be grreatly appreciated. Remeber though my site doesnt want to look convential and clean like most of the website folk have here.

http://www.lawyerpigeons.com
I find that simply submitting your site to Google through the "Add URL" form, it can take an age for them to list you. The quickest and easiest method of getting listed on Google is getting links on a number of existing, highly ranked sites. You don't seem to be doing anything wrong (apart for the "brash" colours!), so it's just a drawn-out waiting game :)

I find MSN Search and Yahoo! a lot quicker to get listed on :)

Associate
OP
hmmmmmmmmmmm

thanks for your advice folks! Iv managed to get a few links around the place so i suppose il play the waiting game and fix the problems you have identified.

Back
Top Bottom