Burnout Revenge Question

Associate
Hello,

Please can somebody answer me this simple question.

To achieve a perfect rating on a race on burnout what do you have to do?

Not crash into anything?
Smash many things off the road?

I have had a few perfects some awesome's not sure how I got them thou.

Thanks

Velocity

Soldato
Velocity said:
Hello,

Please can somebody answer me this simple question.

To achieve a perfect rating on a race on burnout what do you have to do?

Not crash into anything?
Smash many things off the road?

I have had a few perfects some awesome's not sure how I got them thou.

Thanks

Velocity

Get a gold medal and make sure your rating is awesome. It also depends on the type of race.

For the burning laps basically take every shortcut, boost the whole way and don't crash.

Soldato
Just bought it on the cheap for my xbox and it's good for passing the time. I was a bit confused at the start to be honest. PLayed it 5hours and completed all the rating bit (i.e. getting Elite 10).

Just need to go back and get every star and signature takedown etc :o

Permabanned
TripleT said:
PLayed it 5hours and completed all the rating bit (i.e. getting Elite 10).

Yeah it's a short game for single player really, and although it is a great game, I must admit I haven't played it much since I got to 'Elite' - which didn't take too long. Not a whole lot of depth or replay value really, it needs a bit more meat next time for Burnout 5 IMO. Burnout 3 had more single player content.

Man of Honour
dirtydog said:
Yeah it's a short game for single player really,

Have you completed it fully? Got every signature takedown, completed every challenge target for every city, unlocked every single car? I seriously doubt you will have, so there's obviously a lot more for you to do. There's a difference between finishing a game, and completing a game, and you've just finished it. Try going back and completing it, that'll kep you occupied for a while :)

Permabanned
Davey_Pitch said:
Have you completed it fully? Got every signature takedown, completed every challenge target for every city, unlocked every single car? I seriously doubt you will have, so there's obviously a lot more for you to do. There's a difference between finishing a game, and completing a game, and you've just finished it. Try going back and completing it, that'll kep you occupied for a while :)

No I'm at 75% ish the last time I looked :) There's about three events I haven't even completed yet - like a Road Rage one where you need to get something nuts like 18 for a bronze. I played it a lot when I first got it, but since then have just gone back to it occasionally for short 20-30 minute bursts.

I am sure I'd play it more if I hadn't subsequently bought other games which have grabbed my attention - like Juiced which I think is highly underrated :)

Soldato
I'll probaby play the 360 version the same as I did the original xbox one. ie. Get to Elite, complete every race whether it be perfect, awesome or whatever then concentrate on the online play :D

Associate
OP
I had a bit of a go online last night and it was quite fun acutally....

Unlocked some of the Online achievements, only played it for a total of about 2 hours, trying to do each race on perfect each time to save going back....

imo I think it's a great game and lots of fun, it does take skill on the crashbreakers to smash and get the value high.

Awesome....

Permabanned
I think the Burnout games, as far as single player goes, need some sort of proper career mode, because at the moment it's just a seemingly random series of disconnected and disjointed events, racing against anonymous AI cars for no particular reason. Who am I? Who are the people I'm racing? Why am I doing this?

The simplistic arcade action is fine as far as it goes, but I don't think it has too much longevity or replay value. Just my personal view. Re-playing past events to try and get perfects doesn't hold a huge amount of appeal for me. And once I've done that, then what? Unlocking other cars doesn't interest me much. You unlock all of the tracks very early on in the game. That's it really.

Soldato
dirtydog said:
but I don't think it has too much longevity or replay value.
I agree, the single player does leave you feeling a little "oh, ok. so now what?" but for me this doesn't matter a great deal because the online play is fantastic. I'd be narked if I didn't have Live though.

Man of Honour
The single player would be far better served with the option to have quick races. DD and I have mentioned this before as one big failing of the game. I hate having to search through the world tour mode to find a road rage if I just fancy a quick bash.

Soldato
i've had over 30 hours online play and still not bored with it and i don't think i will either, have only just cleared the 1st two ranks 100% perfect as i tend not to try another until i got perfect on the races or crashs that i'm doing and i had already done them anyway on PS2 but redoing them on the 360 has and is a lot of fun

Associate
OP
NokkonWud said:
It's taken me around 10 hours at a guess to get 50% perfect through the game. I'm not interested in finishing it, only in completing it.

My point exactly, its easy to 'complete' it but I am really enjoying this game so want to spend time on it....

Thou its my birthday next week and GRAW is on the way so not sure what will happen then.....

Back
Top Bottom