What phone do I want?

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I am in a bit of a quandry here! I have no idea what I want!

I got my V3 through CPW and I can upgrade next month. I hated the V3 so much I got myself a Nokia 6670 for general use which I much prefer for just about everything.

I was looking at the O2 XDA Mini S or Exec but I am a bit concerned about the size and durability of them. The V3 was a fantastic size and I am nowhere near sure that I could live with even the Mini S!

I have looked at the N-series phones, the N80/N90/N91 look OK but I cant find release dates anywhere for them.

I really hate all of this. When I had my 8210 life was good - it was small, light and simple. The only things that fit that sort of criteria these days are either coupled with crap software, break or look rubbish :( If I am going to go for something complex I want it to be good at everything it does - something I am not sure is the case with the N series.

I really dont like the SE UI and would like to avoid it wherever possible ;) I have a dSLR so cam quality doesnt really matter to me either.

Help me please!

Soldato
I have looked at the N-series phones, the N80/N90/N91 look OK but I cant find release dates anywhere for them.

The N90 is already available SIM free, but don't expect to see it on any network.

The N91 and N80 are due on Vodafone on the 10th and 20th April respectively.

Soldato
O2's website says May for the N91.

The N90 probably wasn't released because it's a BIG, expensive phone with no vibrate function. The market for it probably would have been very small.

Soldato
you could always get an upgrade directly through o2, phone them and tell them you want to leave and then they will start offering you deals to make you stay with them - has always worked for me before in the past!

could go for something like the samsung d600 or the new samsung z350 or something? or maybe the new nokia 6280 looks a good phone and would prob be easy to use

Soldato
CIMG7294.JPG

As you've said before, it's smaller than carrying your brick of a pda around too, and gives you full pda functionality if you just happen to get bored :)

Wonder when o2 will be bringing it out though :/

Tom.

Soldato
rG-tom said:
CIMG7294.JPG

As you've said before, it's smaller than carrying your brick of a pda around too, and gives you full pda functionality if you just happen to get bored :)

Tom.

Whats that one? Ive been thinking about upgrading my imate jam!

Associate
GuruJockStrap said:
HTC Hermes and then called whatever by the network operators:

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5011.html

I'm justing praying that T-Mobile get this phone out before the end of April so I can get it on the T-Mobile FlexT 35 contract with the 25% discount. Also add the unlimited data bundle for £7.50 and for around £34 a month, you've got a cracking contract.

I called T-Mobile today to find out when it will be released. They couldn't give me a definitive answer. I was told to keep checking the website. I to wouldn't mind that phone on Flext 35 either.

Soldato
rG-tom said:
CIMG7294.JPG

Tom.

Nice fone matey. Just looked at some more pics. Very nice indeed. Whats the internet like on that? Looknig for a new fone my self but not looking for a PDA or something like the normal size of one anyways.

Where did you get it from? HOw much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?

Soldato
Soldato
Th Vario II is due to come out in Germany in May/June (I hear all they have said is "early summer"). I doubt very much it'll be out here at the same time. Give it another couple of months...

Soldato
From the press release about the new Web'n'Walk tariffs/addons:

"Unlimited web'n'walk will offer more T-Mobile customers than ever before the chance to browse, e-mail and chat on the move whenever they want. A range of new handsets, (available from June), a revamped homepage (with more categories and webmail links) and improved e-mail support will increase the service’s appeal."

So it's possible you may be able to get hold of Vario II in June.

http://www.t-mobilepressoffice.co.uk/press/uk/2006/23-03-06-webnwalk.htm

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
OP
I went for the MDA Compact II on FlexT 30 - might get the data addon if I start using it for that a lot when it comes out.

It should be with me by 1pm tomorrow :D

Back
Top Bottom