Shadow of the colossus options

Soldato
Good afternoon,

I just got home this week (mid semester) and have just finally viewed shadow of the collossus (ICO2) on my Samsung LE32R41BDX with NTSC (60Hz) enabled, 16:9 aspect ratio enabled etc.

Now, when I select progressive scan mode in the options and play the game I cannot help but think that the game looks worse than with progressive scan off. Is this normal? and what is progressive scan actually meant to do? I know that my TV has the capability of doing progressive scan.

Edit: Apologies, I forgot to mention that I am playing it through component on my PS2.

Thanks.

Whappers.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've decided to leave it left off. I think it looks terrible with it on. I think basically all it does is make the game look smoother, iron out some of the jaggies but makes the game run slower in my opinion. Thanks anyway.

Associate
So far almost all PS2 games running with progressive scan on are really blocky for me. Overall the picture is really sharp and clear but the low res used in most games really shows imo. I still prefer it to RGB scart on the old CRT. They just need to force developers to stick 16:9 options into their games more.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, but Shadow of the Colossus does have 16:9. Anyway, I tried the game with progressive scan on and I have kind of got used to it. I still think it looks sharper with it off. Anyway, Just completed the game there on hard mode :p What a game! :)

**SPOILER**

I still get sad after you think Addo dies and then he comes back at the end, but with a broken leg. :(

**/SPOILER**

Whappers

Back
Top Bottom