• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Yonah and conroe

Caporegime
Everyone seems to be talking about these recently, some are also out arent they? What names have they been given ie pentium 5? what socket will they be as well?

Soldato
Yonah is the Core Solo, and Core Duo. Conroe names haven't been announced yet. Not sure what socket Yonah is, I think it's 479 but not compatible with Pentium-M socket 479. Conroe will be LGA775.

Soldato
Conroe will also be named "Core", like Yonah was. The actual product names (e.g. "Duo" and so on) haven't been announced yet for Conroe.

Conroe is socket 755, like the current P4s. They are also compatible with new P4 motherboards (ones with revised power circuitry.)

Permabanned
Conore is set to be form 2.66ghz with 4MB l2 catch and run colder than any Intel ever and give amd a run, it's faster out the box than a Fx60 @ 2.8ghz!!!

I got 3 ES ones coming over shortly

A few mobos have been made, Asus have done a really nice one with a new chipset

Associate
Drazic said:
Conore is set to be form 2.66ghz with 4MB l2 catch and run colder than any Intel ever and give amd a run, it's faster out the box than a Fx60 @ 2.8ghz!!!

I got 3 ES ones coming over shortly

A few mobos have been made, Asus have done a really nice one with a new chipset

doubt it will run cooler than dothan or yonah - 3 es must have set you back a bit lol

Permabanned
Amp34 said:
That would be especially good for a passive htpc system, but then i suppose it is a laptop chip. What cooling was it on?

I have a 1.83 dual core Yonah in my MacBook pro, not had the fan come on once. Though the case does get pretty damn hot to the touch! ;)

Back
Top Bottom