GRAW Demo out now

Soldato
Might backfire on them if thats the case. GRAW is superb single player but BF2 walks all over it it multiplayer, at least in a technical sense. 24 player, no sign of lag and it doesnt take 20 mins just to get into a game. Obviously its a different style of play, but to be honest unless they have sorted out the lobby system for the GRAW demo I can see it putting off more people than it sells to.

I enjoy graw when I actually get in a game but its such a timewasting hassle I hardly ever bother trying now. Select custom game > let it bring up a list > select one that says its still in setup > try to enter game to be told its just started and you have to wait for next round which can be anything from 5 to 30 mins > Click back to try another room, to be taken right back to first screen where it has to search for all the games again. Repeat to fade. Main problem seem to be the game select screen - its just not up to date enough. I've selected games supposedly in setup to then find its 1 or 2 mins into a game. Way too frustrating.

Soldato
Chill out......you said it would be out friday, and Microsoft have said recently that they never release demos on a friday in case it all goes wrong over the weekend when no one is available to support it. People weren't trying to be clever or know it all's - they were just repeating what Major Nelson from MS Live said, and indeed it turned out to be correct as it was released on a thursday ;)

Permabanned
Sagalout said:
Chill out......you said it would be out friday, and Microsoft have said recently that they never release demos on a friday in case it all goes wrong over the weekend when no one is available to support it. People weren't trying to be clever or know it all's - they were just repeating what Major Nelson from MS Live said, and indeed it turned out to be correct as it was released on a thursday ;)

Agreed ;)

I was only quoting info i was given , I was told friday , I have no idea about the friday thing as im not an xbox owner , I was just trying to give you guys a bit of early info ;)

Permabanned
Davey_Pitch said:
This one has a more accurate thread title, hence why this was kept open. If you have any more questions about it, email me and keep it off the forums please :)

I emaild you but don't bother replying coz im not intrested ;)

Soldato
Hmmm I downloaded this last night and well I must say I am dissapointed.

I think it may be the map that you have to play on but I thought it was a bit naff. :( (please don't flame me its only my opinion of that level)

I think personally comparing this demo to the BF2:MC demo it gets walked all over.

I bet the single player campaign is better.

Associate
can this be played offline just to have a feel for the game before you go out and buy it ?

I've not got a gold subscribtion as of yet and wont be getting it until i know i will be using it loads more than i did during the trail.

Soldato
WHAT!!! said:
can this be played offline just to have a feel for the game before you go out and buy it ?

I've not got a gold subscribtion as of yet and wont be getting it until i know i will be using it loads more than i did during the trail.

Yes you can play it as a lan game although it comes up the same as like a normal multiplayer. There are bots on the game as well so you have something to shoot at although as I have said above it is a bit of a naff map imo.

Associate
oweneades said:
Yes you can play it as a lan game although it comes up the same as like a normal multiplayer. There are bots on the game as well so you have something to shoot at although as I have said above it is a bit of a naff map imo.

Great thanks a lot, i'll go and download this sucker now :D

**edit**

Just come back from playing it and i must say i really did'nt like it at all, i've heard people say its a bad demo as the map is pap but i can't see the full game making me change my decision much more so i'll save my self the money ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom