Case swap

Soldato
Right now I have a Lian Li PC V1000 and a lovely case it is. However something bothers me about it yet I can't work out what :(

Would I be crazy considering swapping to a Akasa Eclipse?

Associate
Surely you must know what annoys you about the case? is it the cheese grater front, the silly wheels or you just itching for upgrade?

I would take the V1000 over the Eclipse any day but that’s just me, what attracts you to the Eclipse? they are both very different cases.

Soldato
I have both and if you can't work out what's annoying you, you could end up changing and just have the same issue again.

I'd just keep the V1000 if I was you. Unless of course the problem is that it's silver, in which case, get a black one.

Soldato
You would be crazy swapping for a eclipse, sell it and downsize to a PC7 maybe, or a coolermaster centurion.

If you do not know what you dislike, then how do you know the next case will be any better.

Soldato
I dont see the attraction in the cases myself but if I were you I would wait, you might grow to like it and regret changing in the future.

Associate
Maybe its that the v1000 is a "nice" case, not really much to say about it, doesn't try to look "cool" or "awesome", just kind of plain.

Its a great case, I just got the plus version myself, and aside from the problems i had with the hard disk cages its good. Maybe your itching for a full on "cool" case something with side panels, huge cathodes and something generally a lot more "flashy".

Soldato
OP
Eeek replies :eek:

Whats bugging me about the case? Not stunning cooling performance tbh and the aforementioned rattling (another thread) which I appear to have mostly solved for the time being with a few well placed open palmed slaps :) The other thing thats really killing me about the case is the cabling - messy messy messy :(

The wheels are arguably the most useful thing on the case as it makes minor bits of unplugging easy to get to and also if I drag the case across the desk it doesn't cut into it and leave nasty marks everywhere :)

Looks wise it's certainly a lovely case and it looks great on my desk (something I feel the eclipse wouldn't do). I also like the silver as it currently matches very well with my monitors and contrasts nicely to the mouse/keyboard etc blah blah blah....

Yay I'll shut up :)

(Seriously whats with the lack of good cases at the moment?)

//edit: For the record I've done the in your face flashy cold cathodes thing and whilst it was nice I couldn't put up with it as I was too lazy to install the switches on the outside of the case and also the light in one's room was disconcerting.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think this is the best time for cases yet, they don't cost as much for a V series :p

There are plenty of good cases out now, more than ever!

It is you being awkward and not liking any of them; just spend £100 on a Vento and be done with it :p

Back
Top Bottom