The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600

Associate
Slam62 said:
Excuse me, but what exactly is the appeal of having two stupidly expensive screens sat next to each other, wouldnt it be a lot more convenient to have one big one. ;)

They weren't stupidly expensive - £300 each was a bargin and £600 cant get me a 24" Dell which would be the next step up. Even then, with dual monitors I can dedicate a whole monitor to watching movies etc and still have a whole 20"s to work in.

Caporegime
Eliminos said:
They weren't stupidly expensive - £300 each was a bargin and £600 cant get me a 24" Dell which would be the next step up. Even then, with dual monitors I can dedicate a whole monitor to watching movies etc and still have a whole 20"s to work in.

Ive always found it easier using two moniters. I wouldn't be able to get used to just one again.

Soldato
You've got more flexibility with two or even three screens then one big one. For example you can game on one screen, while using the second for msn, irc, browsing etc. I'd never goto a single large display ever again.

Soldato
Kainz said:
You've got more flexibility with two or even three screens then one big one. For example you can game on one screen, while using the second for msn, irc, browsing etc. I'd never goto a single large display ever again.

Erm while that sounds great how do you do that in practice, if your using the keyboard to play a game how do you then type on IM/IRC, also the "focus" will be taken by the game so you won't be able to type in the IM/IRC window.

HEADRAT

Soldato
Eliminos said:

Yes but you cant watch a movie properly cos there too small and if you tried to watch it on both you've got a big black line down the middle. With an hd tv as a monitor you can do it all and you'll get near a 32 with £600.

Once you've watched tv or movies on a decent sized screen, you never want to go back, feels like you're peering through a letterbox.

anyway, horses for courses ;)

Soldato
desktop3vj.png

Back
Top Bottom