Another backlight bleed question...

Associate
I have just got an NEC 20WGX2 (Sn: 621...) and am curious to know if the bleed problem is due to the casing around the edges being too tight???

I ask this, because if you apply a slight pressure around the corners, the area gets brighter,... :(

Im not too concerned about it, although it is quite aparent in both bottom left and top right corners, it is not the worst I have seen... and Im not sure if its significant enough for me to rma it, and risk getting an worse one, or even one with dead picels, which this screen is free of...

You dont really notice bleed unless you look for it, although in black screen situations, and in a dark room.. it is a bit more obvious...

Other than this, a a wonky button.. this monitor is well worth every penny it cost, I am more impressed with it than I expected to be!!!

From reading the main NEC post, it is clear the NEC are aware of a particular problem with the 621s (I believe), so it probably would justify an rma... I just have to decide whether I can live with it, or risk a replacement....

Permabanned
Well, as mentioned earlier, my Viewsonic VX724 had noticeable bleed. It also made the lower half of the screen lighter in most colours. Like when i was viewing this website for example, the lower 3rd was quite a bit lighter than the rest!

Back
Top Bottom