Xbox 360 - X-FI problem

Soldato
Hey guys,

I'm trying to connect my 360 up to my X-FI Xtreme music card so I can play it in 5.1.
I've got a creative I/O module, connected an optical cable from the advanced scart into the I/O module then into the flexijack port on the X-FI and set it to digital in in the mixer. So far so good.
The problem is, I can't get 5.1. If I set it to digital stereo from the 360 control panel it seems to work fine, set it to dolby digital and nothing. No sound at all.

Here's what I think the problem is:

http://dmzweb3.europe.creative.com/wwimages/audio_int/xfi/xfi_flexijack4.jpg

Here you see a SPDIF input drop down box. I don't have that, there's nothing there. If I go to the audio console, then the SPDIF I/O tab the digital input is set to "default" and its greyed out so I can't change it.
After making a couple of posts on the creative forum I found out that has to be changed to "decode" but thats the problem, I can't change it.
I just can't figure out why. I've reinstalled the drivers, no change.

So, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
OP
Yes analog output (or so I understand it). If you use digital in it should be able to decode it. You can't have 6 analog inputs into it anyway.
Other people have set this up but they didnt have a greyed out digital input box.

Soldato
max power said:
x-fi can only do 5.1 through the analog

He wants to take an AC3 digital signal from the 360, connect it up to the I/O module of the X-Fi, decode it to 6 channels and output it via the analogue outputs though.

Soldato
Do you get the drop down box if you set the 360 up to 5.1 digital out and then open the control panel after the signal is going to it?

Are there any options in the more basic Audio Console?

Soldato
OP
Phil99 said:
Do you get the drop down box if you set the 360 up to 5.1 digital out and then open the control panel after the signal is going to it?

Are there any options in the more basic Audio Console?

Nope, that doesn't work.:(

Thats the only option (I can make out at least) that has anything to do with digital input in the audio console.

Thanks for the replies!

Soldato
I guess you could try a reinstall of the drivers, but that certainly looks like the option you need to change, just you can't access it for some reason :confused:

Soldato
OP
Phil99 said:
I guess you could try a reinstall of the drivers, but that certainly looks like the option you need to change, just you can't access it for some reason :confused:

I've already tried re-installing the drivers, didn't do anything.
I'm tempted to re-format but I know deep down thats gonna big waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom