Do you think there is anything that could not be tortured out of you?

Soldato
VIRII said:
There is various evidence in books regarding Auschwitz etc, I believe also in some of the more recent SAS books where certain ex soldiers have spoken about things they have experienced.

I have no direct links I am afraid but as I understand it some people have managed to withold info under torture and survived. At the end of the day if the torturer believes that the prisoner doesn't really know what he needs to know I guess he'll concentrate on someone else.

If you want a good book on Systematic torture then read Fire Under the Snow by Palden Gyatso

Some Brief Info Here

Imprisoned in 1959 by the Chinese after the occupation of Tibet. Freed in 1992. Not a pleasent read I will be honest . During this time his spirit was never broken but it charts years of systematic physical and psychological torture by a variety of methods.

A good read none the less

Soldato
Toast said:
This thread is rather amusing and I think far too many people watch 24 and think they're Jack Bauer ;)

I'm willing to bet that 99.9999% of people would crack more or less instantly after the first infliction of pain (unless they're secretly in the SAS / a secret agent / etc / etc and have had some level of preperation for such circumstances).

Teeth ripped out with pliers, digits cut off, eyes burnt out, sodomy, beatings, bones broken, electrocution, burnt, branded, etc, etc, you'd al be squealing like pigs

I agree. Plus theyd probably drug you anyway, so youd be giving away every secret you could.

Not that youd need to be drugged when you testicles are slowly being crushed in a vice...

Permabanned
Defcon5 said:
Not that youd need to be drugged when you testicles are slowly being crushed in a vice...

You wouldnt want to be, though would you? You'd miss out on the delicious pain.....

Suspended
Well if someone was like "Where are the mssles or we'll chop you balls off", I'm sure it would put a new perpective on just how significent my nuts are.

However - I'd never give up the location of Jack Baurer, what he could do to me would be far worse.

Jack Baurer fact number 36. (Applicable to those watchin season 5).

- If Jack Baurer wants information and it gets to the point where your begging him to shoot you, he'll shoot your wife instead.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
no, there is nothing i wouldn't divulge. if you think that you could withstand the constant, relentless pain that you'd go through, i strongly believe that no matter how much you didnt want to, you'd tell all. i'd try my hardest, but i know it'd be worthless in the end.

Associate
The SAS are trained to hold up for 24 hours, after that they give away 'low key' information. They normally have a cover story like "I'm a royal engineer" or "I'm a medic with [insert btn here]".

like Andy McNab and his B20 patrol during the Gulf War - he had a cover story, and eventually gave away low-key information as to where they were, why they were there and stuff. Of course most of it was twisted to suit his cover story of being a 'medic'.

It worked. He survived to become an author :/

Permabanned
Cueball said:
The SAS are trained to hold up for 24 hours, after that they give away 'low key' information. They normally have a cover story like "I'm a royal engineer" or "I'm a medic with [insert btn here]".

like Andy McNab and his B20 patrol during the Gulf War - he had a cover story, and eventually gave away low-key information as to where they were, why they were there and stuff. Of course most of it was twisted to suit his cover story of being a 'medic'.

Yeah but he was a soldier in one, if not the, most elite force in the world, the majority of people here... aren't (who knows, maybe one member is :p ).

Let's be honest, the moment someone threatened to stick something sharp / spiky / hot / jagged / etc up your urethra who isn't going to tell all?

Soldato
AthlonTom said:
Jack Baurer fact number 36. (Applicable to those watchin season 5).

- If Jack Baurer wants information and it gets to the point where your begging him to shoot you, he'll shoot your wife instead.
I hope to god that doesn't happen in Season 5, as I haven't seen that yet.
If that's a different season I wouldnt know, I've never watched them before

Last edited:
Soldato
Cueball said:

He held up for much longer than a day (I believe) and he had two stories, one he maintained from the outset, of being a Medic looking for downed pilots, and then much later said that they were there to watch the MSR, which was very close to the truth, and was enough for them to believe him.

edit: oops, sorry for double post

Suspended
Stringy said:
I hope to god that doesn't happen in Season 5, as I haven't seen that yet.
If that's a different season I wouldnt know, I've never watched them before

You should get the others and watch them pront - only £22 a season now :)

Caporegime
cleanbluesky said:
The question is... if the information WAS something you wanted to protect (even if it meant your life) - do you think that you could hold onto it?

Yes...next question please :D

But seriously i dont think i could, i havent got a high pain threshold so id probably blab at the first opportunity lol :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I would make something beleaveable up. If that was not an option then die non-gracefully and very painfully. But only if I was protecting my close family. Anything else and I'd blab straight away! ;)

Soldato
Not many if any people are tortured without giving anything away, physical torture is a fairly inneficient way of getting info out of people as they will always give you what you want to hear eventually and it's usually a load of old cobblers, psychological torture is usually a far more effective method, but also far, far more damaging in the long term.

Wounds heal over time but if they can break you mentally then there is no going back, which is why they train soldiers to give out low risk info fairly quickly as in general if they get some info and believe the cover then you are ok, but even the best will crack eventually if the captors find the right buttons to push, so they are trained to give them enough so they will give up before ever reaching that point where serious information gets out.

Soldato
I think after enough physical and psycological abuse you'l say/give up/admit just about anything your tormentor wishes you to say.
So, no, I don't think there is anything that could not be tourtured out of you.

Soldato
iCraig said:
It is impossible to answer the question without experiencing the pain of the torture.

Sure I can say I wouldn't crack, in this comfy chair.

But could I say the same if my eyeballs were being pulled out with a hook?

Exactly what i would have said, really dont think i could handle torture... anyone puts any hooks near my eyes i would pretty much tell them anything.. hate anything to do with my eyes being injured since getting hit by a catapult with a pencil in one and a piece of hot coal in the other

Back
Top Bottom