The *Official* Eve Online Thread

Associate
Dj_Jestar said:
Well, I can certainly confirm POS wars suck beyond belief.

Quoted for truth. Nothing more tedious.

I just wish there was even the chance of a battle, but the numbers in EC just lag us out, We as a corp lost 3 ships this weekend without them even seeing hostiles.

Soldato
VeNT said:
IRON/G are not a good move to get in with atm (/me sobs)

What? :eek: ...vent, old pal, old chum, they are our friends, you well know that expressing such opinions (in this case purely your own personal opinions) can have unfavourable effects when interpreted as those of the whole group, which they are definitely not. So watch what you say eh.

Vent is not authorised to express the opinion of the FLA, thats my job. And those that need to know are very aware of where we stand.

Dj_Jestar said:
Which alliance? (FLA?)

You (your alliance) *may* have difficulty getting space, at the moment there are a lot of people, with not enough space, but the best of luck to you :)

He is not part of the FLA to the best of my knowledge, we have been in 0.0 for a long time now, and in recent months Pureblind/Deklein. So we aren't looking to make any moves into 0.0, we already have (well some of us anyway), as IRON/G and probably some of the 'bad guys' already know. We do tend to get around a bit though, but one way or another we've always been in the North, starting in Sydicate back in 2004 actually.

I don't mean to sound like a press officer, I don't really like bringing such stuff over here to OcUK, I like to think I can relax here and not have to police this and that. But with the number of Eve players also frequenting OcUK, sometimes I have to speak up. Vent is the only other person on OcUK (as far as I know) who is a member of the FLA. Any remotely official FLA talk that goes on here, will come from me, and me alone.

/climbs of the soap box :p

Last edited:
Associate
So your saying joining an alliance that pretty much has the whole of eve wanting a piece of its ass is a good idea? :p Im in the same situation as you guys, no fault with being a realist :p

Associate
DanSolo said:
Yhea its pretty hard to find some nice space these days. The only really "free" area is pure blind, but its not too hot on resources and you will end up being a meat sheild for the alliances in the north.

Im really glad i spent 6 hrs in a gang yesterday under iron leadership to jump all the way from VFK to EWOK to sit in a safe spot and then head all the way back up. :(

Btw anyone sell carriers and dreds on here? More specifically Gallente or Caldari on both counts?

you think that was bad? lol try sitting on the EWOK gate waiting for you guys to jump in for 6 hours lol Ended up having karaoke on teamspeak at one point.

Associate
CKOZUK said:
you think that was bad? lol try sitting on the EWOK gate waiting for you guys to jump in for 6 hours lol Ended up having karaoke on teamspeak at one point.

Sure, pretty much a waste of time for all those involved, even the numbers a bit and im sure we can party :p

Besides there is actually no point, what so ever for us to jump into ec, we just get lagged out on the jump, see the video i posted earlier. Utter waste of time.

Associate
DanSolo said:
Sure, pretty much a waste of time for all those involved, even the numbers a bit and im sure we can party :p

Besides there is actually no point, what so ever for us to jump into ec, we just get lagged out on the jump, see the video i posted earlier. Utter waste of time.

G/IRON get a taste of their own medicine for once ;)

/me misses the old U-Q battles when he was in CA

Caporegime
Moeks said:
What? :eek: ...vent, old pal, old chum, they are our friends, you well know that expressing such opinions (in this case purely your own personal opinions) can have unfavourable effects when interpreted as those of the whole group, which they are definitely not. So watch what you say eh.

Vent is not authorised to express the opinion of the FLA, thats my job. And those that need to know are very aware of where we stand.

He is not part of the FLA to the best of my knowledge, we have been in 0.0 for a long time now, and in recent months Pureblind/Deklein. So we aren't looking to make any moves into 0.0, we already have (well some of us anyway), as IRON/G and probably some of the 'bad guys' already know. We do tend to get around a bit though, but one way or another we've always been in the North, starting in Sydicate back in 2004 actually.

I don't mean to sound like a press officer, I don't really like bringing such stuff over here to OcUK, I like to think I can relax here and not have to police this and that. But with the number of Eve players also frequenting OcUK, sometimes I have to speak up. Vent is the only other person on OcUK (as far as I know) who is a member of the FLA. Any remotely official FLA talk that goes on here, will come from me, and me alone.

/climbs of the soap box :p
Dude.. chill.. this isn't eve-o, no one gives a toss who is with who/what, we all leave the political gubbins at the door. The only thing we don't (or try not to) do is spill the beans on operations and alliance intentions.. i.e. we don't start wars because of what one person says.

That said, G/IRON/RAZOR/TRUST smell of rotten beetroots.

Associate
You know this weekend has reminded me how much I miss the days of being in Omega Corp and roaming round Stain in Cruise missile armed rifter gank squads ganking silly stainers solo travelling in there BS.

Mega blobs ftl!

Associate
I spent half of saturday & all of Sunday sitting on the Torrinos gate in EC- helping blockade the system,
My god it was boring, the only event to relieve the boredom was to see who can do the most damage and final blows, on the trickle of Noob ship and shuttle that were coming though. Initail turning up in my Tempest with 4 Sensor Booster II's and only getting on one mail i changed to a Vagabond with 2 SB II's. even them i was only getting on 75% of the mails,

After DT on sunday things looked like they were getting exciting, as a medium sized hit & run gang was put together by TRUST/G/IRON, killing frigs/inty, isollated Battleships and a few bubbles at the gates & Station. This releived the boredom a bit.

Oh i wasn't in charge of the gang at the EC- gate at all, over the week end,
and i didn't miss read a FC's commands and warp all our battleships to the station, only to have the hit & run gang turn up seconds later and scare the **** out of both of us, hehehehe. (otick did scream like a girl as usual).

Remove a moderator edit again, and you'll get suspended.

Otacon

Last edited:
Soldato
Dj_Jestar said:
Dude.. chill.. this isn't eve-o, no one gives a toss who is with who/what, we all leave the political gubbins at the door. The only thing we don't (or try not to) do is spill the beans on operations and alliance intentions.. i.e. we don't start wars because of what one person says.

That said, G/IRON/RAZOR/TRUST smell of rotten beetroots.

Yea you're right, it's just people change when Eve is mentioned, they suddenly turn from normal human beings into megalomaniacal nutters :p ...I hate Eve-o anyway, I can't spend more than a few minutes reading that school-yard of a forum without getting mad.

I have to deal with the politics of it nearly every day and I'm getting sick of it, I'd much rather just play the 'game' again :)

Associate
Eve-o corp & alliance forum are no where as good(or bad depending how you look at it) as they used to be back in 04 early 05,(basically untill CA died)I used to whore them daily with a passion nit picking and general forum smack to pass the time at work. All the OMG CA bacstabbed xetic etc.

But they have been kinda boring up untill recently.

Oh and dont forget the whole PA stuff with Jade Constantine and Halseth Durn that went on for 30+ pages per topic :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
CKOZUK said:
Eve-o corp & alliance forum are no where as good(or bad depending how you look at it) as they used to be back in 04 early 05,(basically untill CA died)I used to whore them daily with a passion nit picking and general forum smack to pass the time at work. All the OMG CA bacstabbed xetic etc.

But they have been kinda boring up untill recently.

Oh and dont forget the whole PA stuff with Jade Constantine and Halseth Durn that went on for 30+ pages per topic :D
You do realise that the respect lost via smack talk far, far outweighs the respect gained from any and all other methods?

Associate
Dj_Jestar said:
You do realise that the respect lost via smack talk far, far outweighs the respect gained from any and all other methods?

TBH smack is to broad a term, I would call what I used to do more banter than smack but everyone has there own perception. Far to many people forget that its just a game and take far to much to heart which in my opinion is there fault not mine.

Caporegime
CKOZUK said:
TBH smack is to broad a term, I would call what I used to do more banter than smack but everyone has there own perception. Far to many people forget that its just a game and take far to much to heart which in my opinion is there fault not mine.
"o/ hi!" = banter

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU WARPED OFF LIKE CHICKEN!!!111ONE" = smack

:p

Not that I am accusing you of the latter, but let's face it.. ATUK aren't just infamous for their PVP. :)

Associate
Dj_Jestar said:
"o/ hi!" = banter

that isn't banter thats being polite :p

Dj_Jestar said:
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL YOU WARPED OFF LIKE CHICKEN!!!111ONE" = smack

:p

Not that I am accusing you of the latter, but let's face it.. ATUK aren't just infamous for their PVP. :)

LOL well i'm not gonna deny that at as its very true but tbh people blow it out of proportion way to much. We also use smack to bait our enemies out of safespots and make them come fight us.

Although I have to admit I have smacked(not banter) the idiots from a certain alliance that insist on targeting me when I travel through empire in the vain hope I shoot them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom