Do you need a passport to go to ireland?

Soldato
AJUK said:
Technically you do but I have never been asked for one and I have been to the old emerald isle loads of times.
If "technically" you need one, why do you think you've never been asked? It's because "technically" you don't. If your'e flying then different airlines will require different ID's. Some are happy with any photo ID whereas some still insist on you showing a passport.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Flew Bristol- Belfast International yesterday with Easyjet... Only needed Photo ID. A driving license would have been acceptable.

Associate
I went to Dublin with Ryanair and all I needed was my photocard driving licence. That's what ppl mean by photo ID, mostly. The wife didn't have photo ID so she had to get a passport double quick, which cost an absolute fortune.

Associate
OP
Seems most people only need photo ID, but theres a couple of people who said they needed a passport which concerns me a bit :( Still in 2 minds about it, got a full UK driving liscence, spose that does show Im a british citezen though? Might give it a pop over easter, Ill make sure to ring up the airline first tho :)

Soldato
Efaws said:
Seems most people only need photo ID, but theres a couple of people who said they needed a passport which concerns me a bit :( Still in 2 minds about it, got a full UK driving liscence, spose that does show Im a british citezen though? Might give it a pop over easter, Ill make sure to ring up the airline first tho :)

Read my post on the first page. I worked for Ryanair so I ought to know :rolleyes:

Associate
Worst case of people not reading other posts, or simply not actually caring, that i've seen in a long time!! :confused:

By the way i needed a passport when I went to Cork. And by "needed" of course I mean "used".

Associate
Check with the Airline

Eastern Airways on checking the ID required for my 11 month old son who had no passport or funily enough photo driving licence:

Eastern Airways said:
Dear Mr ********

Thank you for your email.

A birth certificate will be sufficient for our check-in preocedure.

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations
Eastern Airways
Schiphol House, Humberside Airport
North Lincolnshire, DN39 6YH
Email:[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom