Which orange spv?

Associate
Looking at upgrading my V3 to either a SPV M5000 , SPV M2000 or a SPV M1500.
I have been told a m1500 is faster than a M2000 so why the price difference? Also again been told that a SPV 1500 runs mobile windows 2005 and the others dont.

Bit confused at the mo so any help would be great.

Many thanks.

EDIT Sorry running on Orange at the mo and quite happy with them, so really dont want to change providers

Man of Honour
The M2000 is older, runs the previous version of windows mobile and is probably the last one I'd look at. Due to the slide out keypad etc it's more expensive to manufacturer than the M1500, hence the increased cost.

The M1500 is pretty good, as is the M5000 (albeit huge). The big difference is that the 5000 has 3g access and the folding screen/keyboard, whereas the M1500 doesn't.

Both run the Windows mobile 5 pocket PC version, and you're unlikely to be disappointed with either of them.

If you can cope with the size, get the M5000 :) If the M5000 is too big (or too expensive) then get the M1500.

Permabanned
Fluffy Bunny said:
any idea on prices for the m600 peeps?

I think that this phone is the same as the MDA Compact II which is the same as :

Manufactured by HTC and sold in the UK as the i-mate JAMin and Qtek S200. This update to the popular i-mate JAM now runs on Windows Mobile 5.0 OS. It features Wi-Fi (wireless LAN), Bluetooth 2.0, a large touch screen, 2 megapixel camera, 200 MHz processor, 128 MB memory and 64 MB RAM.

Actually it might not be the same as the compact II as it doesn't seem to have wifi on it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok just found out the m600 is only running at 200mhz.................downer
m1500 is 545 mhz (I think)

will this be a problem................................

Got to rethink now.

Any ideas peeps?

Associate
Fluffy Bunny said:
Got the m600 on the 7th of april and am loving it!!!!
It is awesome.............gotr a few niggles but soon overcome em...
Wish I had gone this way before!!!!

Thanks for the input

How did you get it m8? A business contract? Or will they let me upgrade to it from a normal contract (ie non business)?

Man of Honour
cypriobrit said:
How did you get it m8? A business contract? Or will they let me upgrade to it from a normal contract (ie non business)?

It's available for direct upgrade for all customers, price depends on how much you spend though.

Does the m600 have a touchscreen? If so does it come with a stylus to use?

Yes and yes :)

Associate
Dolph said:
It's available for direct upgrade for all customers, price depends on how much you spend though.

love how information doesnt flow in orange or they dont want to help existing long term paying customers, how one person says one thing then another person says somthing else and then trys to flog you a nokia when my past 4 phones all have been spv's :(

Associate
Yeah i am considering leaving orange as they dont seem to appreciate long term customers at all. Do other providers have better offers for people who stay with them over the years?

Back
Top Bottom