Man took 40,000 ecstasy tablets (crap title edited)

Soldato
Nix said:
Right, lets sum this up:
1) He abused the drug and a perfectly healthy body with much potential.
2) He was most likely an idiot while doing so and while he's doing so, I can't see him really working or being any benefit to society.
3) Now, after the X amount of years of abuse he's now "suffering". Not only do I have no sympothy for the self-induced after effects he is now also still not adding to the economy because he's incapable. He is also draining off the working taxpayer for his health care.

We do not need idiots like this. I just cannot understand why you're choosing to defend the guys actions. The guy is a completely pathetic **** and by his actions he's only shown to me that he's just a waste of space.

1) Every bodys has potential how many actually use it?
2) Half the UK are no benefit to soceity doesnt need drugs to do it
3) Is he asking for sympathy? Its merely medical research! No doubt this will help in some studies as most studies into E aint very conclusive considering they change there mind every year.

So in a way maybe he is helping, as now thanks to him doctors can take information and have more clear cut facts.

And i know im on here a lot but i aint trying to change the world am i? I have to much spare time and i waste it so what, nearly every one on this forum does.

Associate
I think people are being too harsh on Nix. You can criticse people for wasting their life without having to be holier than the Lord Jesus squared without being a hypocrite.

Chances are most people will be adding more to the world by going about their lives than someone who takes "40,000" (in reality, probably less) Es.

But people aren't under a duty to add to the world unless you believe in Communism.

So it works both ways. Yes, he probably is a waster and there are plenty of "disabled people" who could make better use of his body but then again everyone is born free and can choose (within reason) to do what they like with their body.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Hedge said:
the guy clearly has issues. people waste life all the time. what are you doing with your life? working a 9-5job, coming home.. watching tv.. having a bit sex on occasion.. going on odd holidays?

my life is pretty wasted. just depends how ya think about things. if you feel so passionatly about a waste of life.. then i hope you live your life to its limits. i doubt many people do

Working a mediocre 9-5 life, is not necessarily a wasted one though. While you're working you're helping keep the country moving. You (I assume) are still perfectly able to be a healthy parent and raise some children which is the future of our generation. This man is obviously clearly now unable to do so and as Tru pointed out, the only REAL purpose he has is as medical research. To go from a fully functioning person to such a waste is just pityful. I'm pretty sure he's hurt those around him in the process too.

Soldato
Nix said:
Working a mediocre 9-5 life, is not necessarily a wasted one though. While you're working you're helping keep the country moving. You (I assume) are still perfectly able to be a healthy parent and raise some children which is the future of our generation. This man is obviously clearly now unable to do so and as Tru pointed out, the only REAL purpose he has is as medical research. To go from a fully functioning person to such a waste is just pityful. I'm pretty sure he's hurt those around him in the process too.

i actually agree with what you are saying. but what u need to realise is the guy had a clear addiction. psychological. if you. or your close family suffered the same way you wouldnt make comments like you do.

drugs harm lots of peoples lives. it doesnt mean they should all be wiped out of existence

Soldato
exactly hedge the guy more than likely didnt want to do em but when ure addicted to em it aint so easy is it.

How many people on here smoke/drink alchohol or caffiene etc... They are all drugs people dont need yet for some reason people get addicted to em and cant function without. Just because he was addicted to a drug thats not taxed and has a "class" means its not alright.

And whos to say he actually wants a kid and to be a parent, i imagine at some point in his life he was happy doing what he was and now hes facing his consiquences of his actions. Not every 1 is given a purpose in life and not every 1 takes theres. But its down to the individual to choose what they want to do. Sure some see it as a waste but as the saying goes "u only live once" and i know he is in a bit of a sorry state now, but i bet he had some of the best days of his live behind him.

Associate
Johnny Girth said:
But if he had taken £40,000 at mid 90s prices (forgot they used to be a lot more expensive) then he's put about a quarter of a million into the pockets of drugs dealers who commit murder, extortion and fund terrorism. That's an angle that not many people take into consideration.
What about the billions and billions that dodgy companies and governments pay to dictators and other nasty people to keep them in power to secure lucrative business deals? Corruption is absolutely ridiculous and about the only thing more ridiculous is trying to guilt trip drug users into believing that they're funding terrorists by boshing a few pills or buying some weed.

That's even forgetting the fact that the money goes to criminals in the first place because the government themselves have made the drug illicit, a drug that has no direct effect on anyone except the user.

Associate
B@Th*nG said:
pardon me? did he harm anybody? i don't think he deserves some horrible death do you? he is a massive **** up, ye, but somebody has to make those massive mistakes for people like you to say what you say... and you've said by far the STUPIDIST thing in this entire thread.

B@Th*nG
agreed... and tbh taking narcotics can be viewed as an incredibly sophisticated and civilised thing to do. It's all a question of perspective.

Associate
converse_uprise said:
Drugs fund larger crimes. Work your way up the drug chain, and it leads to some pretty nasty things..
R5Rich said:
no drugs fund larger crimes if people choose too, u have a choice in it.
It's not the end user's fault though, they want a drug to use themselves and the government won't allow them to obtain it legally. It's the legislators' fault not the users'.

It's akin to saying that we all use oil so we're all, in part, responsible for the Middle East's hatred towards the West.

Soldato
Johnny Girth said:
Yes it is. If no-one took the drugs there'd be no drug related crime.

Right but people do take drugs, if they where legal then they wouldn't be funding "terrorist" they would probably be funding the NHS like with cigs, then people would know what they would be getting and e would be mdma not a cut of a dozen different stuff.

Johnny Girth said:
That's an angle that not many people take into consideration.

Also, people buy nike shoes, how dare they :mad: Don't they know that nike (or whatever other company) exploits poor worker to make their profits as big as possible?

Down with shoes :D

Last edited:
Associate
Johnny Girth said:
Yes it is. If no-one took the drugs there'd be no drug related crime.
If no one drank there'd be no alcohol related violence, if no one smoked the NHS would be a lot less bogged down, if no one had sex there'd be no rape, if no one had was strong there'd be no fighting, if no one drove there'd be no deaths on the road. What a rubbish argument.

Soldato
One More Solo said:
Hang on, we can't swear on this forum but we can discuss the street price of Ecstasy and former drug abuse? :rolleyes:

Oh jesus we said how much money he probably spent, the horror!

Back
Top Bottom