arctic cooler 64 pro

Soldato
the fan isnt designed with that in mind. it depends on what orientation the cpu socket is (which way 'round) and what way round you have the heatsink on that socket( it can be either left or right OR up or down depending on that socket).

THat's why i love my scythe ninja - you can put the fan on any of the 4 sides so the heatsink and socket orientation become irrelivant:)

new%20build2.jpg

Last edited:
Suspended
OP
thats a well designed cooler. why couldnt arctic cooling put 4 fan clip things around the heatsink instead of just 1??

Soldato
Is that a really old version of the Arctic 64?

I think someone may have missed the proverbial boat on your Mobo Design geeza... bizzare

Arctic Coolers are designed with the assumption that all Mobos have the socket oriented with the fan sockets towards the back of the case - but then we know what assumptions are :)

Soldato
james.miller said:
i think that's mainly because motherboard were designed without orenitation in mind. Most cpu coolers have the fan on top, afterall :)

True that, I have only ever used the AC CPU coolers and have forgotten the stock one that came with my P4 lol... :D

Still you'd think that airflow would be somthing that a Mobo designer would keep airflow in mind...you'd think... :rolleyes:

Suspended
OP
does anyone else have an arctic cooler 64 pro and a dfi ultra d board? I might have put the HSF on the wrong way. (but i very much doubt this)

Soldato
It doesnt realy matter which way round you put it tbh...

On my Abit board.. the hsf bracket on the board means that the fan on my freezer pro blows the air out towards the back of the case...

Exactly the same as james tbh

Suspended
OP
TaKeN said:
It doesnt realy matter which way round you put it tbh...

so i can have it blowing hot air from the cpu into the front of the case then an intake fan blowing it back? the air would go stale as it goes forward and backward all day long :p

Soldato
You can undo the retention clip and turn it 90 Deg on the Arctic Freezer pro, thats what I have done on my Ultra-D to let the fan blow the hot air to my rear exhausts , is that not possible with the earlier model ?

Last edited:
Associate
Devious said:
You can undo the retention clip and turn it 90 Deg on the Arctic Freezer pro, thats what I have done on my Ultra-D to let the fan blow the hot air to my rear exhausts , is that not possible with the earlier model ?

I undid my retention clip on my AC 64 Pro, rotated it but I couldn't seem to get it to face my rear exhaust due to the mobo HSF clip position - it's either upwards or downwards :(

Suspended
OP
Devious said:

not sure. thats not my computer in the first pic, i was using it as an example

its this i have

Arctic Cooling Freezer64 Pro - For AMD Socket 754/939/940

Back
Top Bottom