css help

Associate
Hi all

I've been asked to build a site and given this design.

I've been looking around and I can't find any way of drawing boxes around the text with three colours for the border and rounded corners.

Would I have to create images for the lines and corners and set them on the page to make the boxes or is there another way of doing it?

Permabanned
Regardless of what you do, that site design is absolute crap, I'm sorry to be blunt and I'm not having a go for no reason, but I would burst out laughing if I came across that site on the web.

Seriously, I understand that not everybody has a knack at creativity, but even the free templates you can download are better than that. :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the design has nothing to do with me, the organisation who asked me to build the site already had the design done before I even knew about the site.

Its their site, I just try to give them what they ask for - design aint my thing and I'm still learning the development side.

Associate
i'm not a css expert so I won't attempt the code itself but can't you have 3 divs (outer, middle, inner) with a small padding/margin and then user border: solid 3px #colour to get the 3 box style.

I agree with iCraig - shudder! :eek:

Associate
OP
Ahhh never thought of that, thanks :) now I just need to work out how to get the corners rounded.

And yeh, I also agree with iCraig, the design aint good, but If I can get it how they want and they can see how BAD it is, hopefully they'll change their mind and ask for something different :D

Associate
They can't be serious?

Have you actually spoken to them to see if they want those colours? it looks like somone has created place holders for the content to give the developer an idea of where they want various bits placed - perhaps the image is just a guide on how the layout should be and not the actual design, or should I rather say that I hope thats all that image was intended for.

Good luck either way.

Associate
OP
She was serious, yes :(

Said a three colour bordered box around the text, and wants each button to have the same border, and then those and the logo with their own border too - supposed to be retro, if it is or not I aint got a clue - as I said before, design aint my thing, I'm still learning the development side.

Hopefully when she see's the first page I'm doing, she'll realise just how bad it is and want something else *crosses fingers and prays*

Back
Top Bottom