• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Beta 6.3 Catalyst for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Soldato
Rob43 said:
This patch won't work for me :(

Got it working now :D 6xAA 16xAF HDR @1280x1024.Pics resized from 1280x1024

Rob

I cant get this to work, I still see nasty jaggys on the edge of my sword. I had the 6.3 cast installed then applied that hot fix?

What did you do to get it to work ?

Soldato
egt said:
^^^Don't believe this post.

Although this fix is welcome, it comes with a big performance hit, way too juddery for me in detailed outdoor area's with 16X HQAF, AA+HDR.

Egt, isnt it nice that ATI cards can play this newly released game in all its glory? I think its fantastic on the ATI hardware design team for ATI cards to have this functionality, and for the driver team to implement a hotfix driver so quickly.

Ive been playing mine 4xaa 16xaf 1280x1024 without a stutter.

One word, awesome :D

egt

egt

Associate
Dave2150 said:
Egt, isnt it nice that ATI cards can play this newly released game in all its glory? I think its fantastic on the ATI hardware design team for ATI cards to have this functionality, and for the driver team to implement a hotfix driver so quickly.

Ive been playing mine 4xaa 16xaf 1280x1024 without a stutter.

One word, awesome :D

Believe it or not, i've never been a company fanboy (i've bought ati in the past), but i am most definitely a gfx card technology fanboy.

SM3.0 was the tech that swayed me to Nvidia last time. This time, AA+HDR with the ati's has nailed it.

IMHO, the Canadians have won this IQ round :)

kdd

kdd

Soldato
What kind of fps are you lot getting with hdr and aa in oblivion? Playable? It's a pretty taxing game with hdr or aa on their own.

Soldato
kdd said:
What kind of fps are you lot getting with hdr and aa in oblivion? Playable? It's a pretty taxing game with hdr or aa on their own.

@ max settings no ini tweaks - Bloom + 2xAA 8xAF 1680x1050 = 24fps

Slightly less trees and ini tweak (less dense grass) same settings= 35fps

Now with 4xAA and 8xAF + HDR = 29fps.

Very playable but I run with gridstoload=7 so the fps is about 24+- outside but it looks stunning!

Permabanned
HEH, I remember playing FarCry with a modded patch to have AA and HDR both on at same time, you also had to copy some cmd's into one of games ini files, all info was there all you had to do was copy/paste, cant remember much else.
I was on a 6800U but Im sure it was also for ATI cant remember.

Funny thing was the earlier claim was 6000 and 7000 and current X1800 range of cards wouldnt be able to run HDR with AA together.

Associate
i said earlier i coudn`t notice any decrease in performance using aa + hdr, well it appears the guy who said the game seems to run a bit better may have a point.......i put 6x aa in ccc and hdr in the game of course and i think ive seen an increase in performance not much but some non the less.............i was running my 4600x2 @ 2.6 b4 the patch but now im back at 2.4 with my mem back to 200 from (176 ish) (twin2048xmspc3200c2pt). not sure if the overclock somehow had a negative effect in this game? ill load fraps and get some results. running in 1280x1024. GFX X1900XTX @stock. I know people will say impossible but im not wrong............maybe someone with similar specs could test. As i said before this game looks glorious with both enabled !! maybe adding adaptive aa would be greedy, not tried yet but ill give it a shot..........

egt

egt

Associate
kdd said:

With no ini tweaks and max quality settings, 6xAA+HDR is unplayable in outside areas for me.

2xAA+HDR and everythings fine.

Associate
chovi said:
i said earlier i coudn`t notice any decrease in performance using aa + hdr, well it appears the guy who said the game seems to run a bit better may have a point.......i put 6x aa in ccc and hdr in the game of course and i think ive seen an increase in performance not much but some non the less.............i was running my 4600x2 @ 2.6 b4 the patch but now im back at 2.4 with my mem back to 200 from (176 ish) (twin2048xmspc3200c2pt). not sure if the overclock somehow had a negative effect in this game? ill load fraps and get some results. running in 1280x1024. GFX X1900XTX @stock. I know people will say impossible but im not wrong............maybe someone with similar specs could test. As i said before this game looks glorious with both enabled !! maybe adding adaptive aa would be greedy, not tried yet but ill give it a shot..........

lol, yes it was greedy !!!

Soldato
Wow, those screenies look like the ones you'd see in promo marketing (i.e. the ones you never expect to see on any consumer PC).

That's really, really stunning!

Can someone post some actual high resolution pictures, not downsized ones for the forum please! I'm having trouble convincing a friend that they're ingame graphics!

Soldato
I've sent you some full size pics to your trust address mate.They are a bit big for posting on the forum.

Same one's i posted earlier on,but full size :D Hope that's ok mate

Rob

Soldato
Rob43 said:
I've sent you some full size pics to your trust address mate.They are a bit big for posting on the forum.

Same one's i posted earlier on,but full size :D Hope that's ok mate

Rob
That's fine, downloading them now :D Thanks very much!

Associate
Just a side note that my system started locking up recently, the only thing that's changed is these drivers so i'll be taking them off.

Oblivion did look good, got good frame rates apart from one time where i discovered a new area with an oblivion gate and it went down to 8 fps (everything maxed out 1280 res).

Associate
Working very well for me and no performance hit what so ever. Running at 1280x960, AA enabled in-game and quality 8x AF - all other game settings maxed - HDR on

I also installed Ati Tools due my card (was standard) overheating. The cat drivers have lousy fan speed control. I have now set the fan speed in incremental settings based on temps. With a small overclock and the new driver my minimum frames have improved by a very smooth 5 to 10. I could increase AA and AF but I am happy with the way it looks and performs.

Associate
Flying_V said:
Just a side note that my system started locking up recently, the only thing that's changed is these drivers so i'll be taking them off.

Oblivion did look good, got good frame rates apart from one time where i discovered a new area with an oblivion gate and it went down to 8 fps (everything maxed out 1280 res).

I think gates are a killer for most. My latest min frames have been about 28 but when I view a gate it can dip down to 20 - used to dip to 15.

Soldato
Camalot said:

WOW, blown away totally. That is without a doubt, the BEST in-game screenshot ive ever seen in anygame to date.

Simply amazing.

Well thank you :D very kind of you to say so.This game just gets better & better,never thought i'd get into it & with the ability to run it @ 6xAA 16xAF & HDR.What more can you say

Back
Top Bottom