opty 148 overclocking questions.

Associate
OK, I had this setup running for a little while:

Opty 148, Abit A8N SLi, XMS pc3200
FSB 250, 1.4v
HT x4
DDR 333, 3.0v, CL2

but then DDO starting to crash, and I changed the fsb to 235, keeping everything else the same, and then it ran fine. Yesterday, I booted up with the message, loading failsafes, and all setting were the same apart fromt he voltages were all set to auto. Dont know why this happened, but I went about setting everything up again. Thing is, Ive confused myself about the HT and FSB multipliers now. So, question is, mem speed is worked out by FSBx2xdivider (in this case i think its 4/5)? What then is HT? What affect does it have on speed? Would the comp not run faster with everything as standard with the mem at DDR400 and 5x multiplier. I thought I understood this AMD lark...

Cheers,
John

Soldato
no, the HTT has to be less then 1000 hence why if you leave it at 5 and up the fsb by 1mhz you get 201 X 5 = 1005 and then your system is unstable as hell. lower it makes the smallest amount of difference ever becuase you generally get really close 1000 as you can when OC anyway

Associate
OP
ok then ,ive got it back running at the second overclock, its running nice now...ill try push it up again in future...
p.s, whats the stock vcore of a 148, and what can I push it to? Ive seen values of 1.55 on air being touted, mines on 1.425 atm, but if i can get more out of it...

Soldato
i think stock is around 1.3ish but yeah 1.55 is where i'd draw the line if the temps stay nice and low which i imaging they would

Back
Top Bottom