Powerpoint Problem

Associate
Spent the weekend working on major powerpoint presentation (packed with photos and with mega annimation).

Went to open it from my flash drive, the only thing on which it is saved, all i get is a message "powerpoint can't open the file type represented by G:\Photography.ppt"

Other files on the flash drive still work fine and other presentations i have worked on since are fine, any ideas?

Cheers

little help?
come on even a reply of any kind would be good, what might be up, i think ill just have to redo it though.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi laiman,
There may be a few causes for this.
I`m assuming you are using your flash drive on another computer.
Powerpoint uses an `address` to find then launch some files such as videos and possibly animations. On your original PC these files could be on D:\My Documents\My videos . The pc you then use may have a different amount of partitions and so different amount of drive letters ie. just C: because the hard drive is not multipartitioned or many drive letters due to loads of partitions, this difference can throw out where powerpoint looks.
So in other words, it could have an address for G:\my documents\My videos for the location of your animation, but the different PC you subsequently use may only have up to F:\ for example. powerpoint looks for G:\my documents\My videos on the different PC but cant find it.

You could try to save all your animations \ videos on your flash drive and then get powerpoint to use them from this location.

OR
it could be that the version of powerpoint you are using on the different PC has an older version of powerpoint that does not support animated gif files or does not have the necesary video codec.

Hope this helps

Nobski

Back
Top Bottom