NEW Gigabyte cases

Soldato
N3M said:
LOL! im glad you winked, beacause if Lian Li stole the class, they must have lost it straight away, ive never come across one that doesnt sound like an empty coke can :p

ATC seemed to take the majority of class away with them... :mad: (i loved my 201 :( )

riiiight :rolleyes:

Lian Li currently make the best cases available, bar maybe some of the £400 silverstones and some of the soldam cases which arent available here.

The new gigabytes looks crap tbh, oh well.

@KizZ... their WC kit looks rubbish, their current one is actually very good for a basic kit but the one they are bringing out is far too restrictive and using a similar rad/fan/pump to try and cool 2x graphics card and the CPU which just won't really work.

Soldato
Raikiri said:
Lian Li currently make the best cases available, bar maybe some of the £400 silverstones and some of the soldam cases which arent available here.

Hmm, build quality they certainly make the best cases available, and they are stunning value for money for certain members of there range at the moment. But there are other gems out there, Eclipse, TJ07 although that case's brute CFM aproach I personally hate, refined cooling all the way!

N3M

N3M

Associate
Raikiri said:
riiiight :rolleyes:

The new gigabytes looks crap tbh, oh well.

@Kizz... their WC kit looks rubbish, their current one is actually very good for a basic kit but the one they are bringing out is far too restrictive and using a similar rad/fan/pump to try and cool 2x graphics card and the CPU which just won't really work.

Lian Li, have never been in the same league as ATC imo... ive owned a few from both manufacturers and built countless... cant beat First Hand experience.

*Silverstone - Dear Father Christmas, Please bring me a TJ07 For *Christmas.. :D
*Akasa - Saw the Eclipse recently - Lovely!
*Antec - P180 Is nice
*"Some" Coolermaster - Wavemaster still feels decent, and still nice to work in

Are brands id choose way before any Lian Li... like i said, my opinion is based on a lot of builds...

Soldato
ATC > everything.

Lian Li > everthing bar ATC-Tek / ATCs branded Coolermasters and the 201 chassis.

Thats how I base it, Silverstone can be on a par with Lian Li, but the TJ01 is not much cop, the TJ07 aswell is SERIOUSLY overpriced for what it ultimately is, as was the TJ03.

Antec have some good designs in the lower end, but the P180 is prone to falling apart and the door warping, some quite large design flaws which they still have not sorted out. But the support is second to none and they sort the trouble out very very quickly.

Lian Li offer superb value in my eyes, V1000 and the PC7 are superb cases, the older PC60/70 designs aswell are greats, just overshadowed by the 201 but the same vintage.

The G series looks nice, as does the S80; a aluminium quiet PC chasis, oh yes!

Soldato
N3M said:
Lian Li, have never been in the same league as ATC imo... ive owned a few from both manufacturers and built countless... cant beat First Hand experience.

*Silverstone - Dear Father Christmas, Please bring me a TJ07 For *Christmas.. :D
*Akasa - Saw the Eclipse recently - Lovely!
*Antec - P180 Is nice
*"Some" Coolermaster - Wavemaster still feels decent, and still nice to work in

Are brands id choose way before any Lian Li... like i said, my opinion is based on a lot of builds...

Never said they were as good as the ATC cases, I was talking about ones being produced today.

And as Yewen has said the only one to really match them are Silverstone (their high end ones) which are overpriced, the Akasa while nice inside has a plastic front shich looks naff and isnt a good build quality as an alluminium one.

As for Antec, their Sonata 2 is an excellent case/PSU for the money and they do have lots of good cases (I have a super Lanboy sitting here) but the P180 has a few too many problems to compare to a Lian Li.

Soldato
Anyone know when the new Aurora will be out? I am after a black case with a door and 120mm fans only, and although it's not the most graceful case in the world it is one of the two I am considering (the other being the Silverstone TJ05).

Soldato
Received this answer from Gigabyte regarding the above:
Sliver is likely to be the only color initially available.

No official release date as yet therefore unable to disclose features and difference over the original.

Regards,

GBT UK TEAM

Back
Top Bottom