Antec Sonata II Piano Black Quiet Case

Associate
Does anyone have any experience of the new duct system this case employs? I've read conflicting reports -

1) it gets in the way of large CPU HSFs
2) you can dispense with the CPU and GPU fan if you use the two optional fans that attach to the duct, and thus cool the CPU/GPU more efficiently, and more quietly.

thoughts?

Associate
galadial said:
1) it gets in the way of large CPU HSFs
2) you can dispense with the CPU and GPU fan if you use the two optional fans that attach to the duct, and thus cool the CPU/GPU more efficiently, and more quietly.

thoughts?

On 1, depends how large and in which dimension - you can lower and raise the height.

On 2, presumably passively cooling you'd need a very large heat sink - so yes it would get in the way.

Any as said it's next to pointless - its very good at getting in the way - it may dampen sound a little - but if you're in your case a fair bit you'll soon get rid of it to save 10 mins unfitting and refitting it every time you want to fiddle.

Associate
I used mine on my old athlon system that had a Zalman flower cooler on and it worked ok. I've junked it now as it won't fir on my new system with a ac freezer pro installed.

Back
Top Bottom