new PSU does it...

Soldato
Performance, probably not but stability certainly... on that note I need a new one :p

Absolute best would be the PC power&cooling 1100w, that thats £300.
Seasonic 600w and the enermax liberty PSUs are very good but around £100 for the top models.

Soldato
It can make it quieter, more stable and last longer.

If a high end PSU blows up, unlike a cheap one, it has a protection circuit in it so only the PSU gets damaged, not blowing everything connected to it up.

Depends how much money you want to spend, as the top PSU's for consumers are £400.

/EDIT: we really do reply to some threads too quickly in case central :(

Last edited:
Associate
I don't really think there is any need for a 1100w PSU lol.
Realistically look at what a PC actually uses, and i'd call that slightly overkill.
At least for your average user anyway. :s

Soldato
Traducer said:
I don't really think there is any need for a 1100w PSU lol.
Realistically look at what a PC actually uses, and i'd call that slightly overkill.
At least for your average user anyway. :s

Quad SLi, overclocked FX-60, 4gb ram, 4x raptor HD in raid... thats when you need the PC P&C 1100w :D

Soldato
Traducer said:
I bet you could run that on a lower PSU then a 1100w mate.

Run the PC stable, without really needing to ever worry about it going wrong then its that PSU.

You COULD run that rig on a Qtec, but I would not want to.

The Hiper PSU's look good, but I personally hate them.

Soldato
My vote would go with either Tagan or Seasonic. I persoanlly have a 480W Tagan U01, and its stable, realiable, quiet and its black.. what more would one want in a power supply, well apart from it being modular, which I really could do with(Damn P180)

Back
Top Bottom