Average artists/bands with one AMAZING song

Soldato
As thread title, I'm sure we've all come across artists/bands that are 'okish' but have this one amazing song.

For me it has to be:

Bloc Party - Blue light > I'm not fond of the band at all, but this one song is truely something else! It's the one song that's been looping in my head non stop for the past couple of days. What a track!

Soldato
Im the same... Appart from I hate that song :p

i.e the streets I like 2 of their songs - Blinded by the lights and Dry Your Eyes, the others im not all that keen on :confused:

(MSN? )

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Gilly said:
Razorlight - Somewhere Else

I much prefer Golden Touch, but agree that the rest is a load of old toffee.

At Your Funeral by Saves The Day is great, but I'll admit to not having heard many of their other tracks.

I'm having trouble with this; I can think of loads of average bands but not one with an amazing song :p. I would put The La's - There She Goes, but I wouldn't call them average. That track certainly stands out though.

Last edited:
Soldato
i was really quite taken aback by the first post, being a big bloc party fan.
i may be a little biased but they are far from average and blue light is by no means nearly their best or most catchy song, you just probably heard it on the o.c or something like most people : (
you should give them a proper listen! try listening to this modern love it's great ;p
i think babyshambles had one good song in **** forever
i also think a few of the other bands like keane and snow patrol are kinda in this boat, although i guess they had a few other listenable songs.

Watch your language.

Otacon

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Hot Hot Heat - Talk to me, dance with me (i think that's what it's called)
The Mars Volta - Televators
John Frusciante - Ramparts
Arctic Monkeys - I bet you look good on the dancefloor
Fall out Boy - Sugar We're Going down
RHCP - Dosed

Permabanned
Aye good call with the Bluetones

I also agree with the Razorlight - Somewhere else

/Must stop agreeing with Gilly really :o :(

Man of Honour
G|mp said:
/Must stop agreeing with Gilly really :o :(

Indeed, think of what it does to your hard-won reputation. ;)

I'm struggling to come up with artists that have only got one good song but a few that do spring to mind are:
Henry Rollins Band - Whats The Matter Man
Aneka - Japanese Boy(I haven't heard anything else by them so I'm just assuming this is their only good song)
Gil-Scott Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised(although less a song than a poem set to music probably).

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Gilly said:
Another is The Bluetones.

I'm going to have to disagree again! I assume the one amazing track you're thinking of is Slight Return? I'd class Solomon Bites The Worm and If... as equally good songs.

Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise (I bought an album of his based on hearing this song - I know of black holes that suck less)
Aqua - Turn Back Time

Back
Top Bottom