Holiday Inn Sucks

Associate
I booked two nights over the phone at a Holiday Inn Express in London and was told the price included Full English Breakfast and a meal on the first night.

When I arrived at the hotel they didn't even have a kitchen or restaurant!!! So both things were out.

I feel I've been mislead...any advice?

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Tesla said:
Best bet is to speak to your local trading standards people. They are often very helpful.
Agree.

I stayed at a holiday Inn Express in Belfast last week- all my colleagues got given the bloody Hilton! I must say it did suck but at least they had a restaurant.

Soldato
From my experience the Holiday Inn Express do not have restaurants and breakfast is usually a continental style breakfast. If you want one with a restaurant it has to be a normal Holiday Inn.

Permabanned
Bes said:
Agree.

I stayed at a holiday Inn Express in Belfast last week- all my colleagues got given the bloody Hilton! I must say it did suck but at least they had a restaurant.

The Hilton is very nice in Belfast, BUT there are far better hotels than the Hilton. Its totally over-rated.

Soldato
Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express usually have affiliated "pubs" next door to them that provide the catering.

May be instead of ranting on a forum you should speak nicely to the people at reception, they are in a much better position to help you than any of us.

Man of Honour
MATTeL said:
Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express usually have affiliated "pubs" next door to them that provide the catering.

May be instead of ranting on a forum you should speak nicely to the people at reception, they are in a much better position to help you than any of us.

Yeah, if you didn't even speak to the receptionists about it, then that's rather silly in my opinion, but if you did, then you'll need to do some complaining.

Associate
R0551 said:
From my experience the Holiday Inn Express do not have restaurants and breakfast is usually a continental style breakfast. If you want one with a restaurant it has to be a normal Holiday Inn.

I've been to dozens and they're all like this, not sure what the staff were on about!

Associate
I stayed at the holiday Inn in London just after Christmas and got a cracking deal! Online price for 2 nights was under the cost of just one night that was advertised on the board at reception.

Breakfast was £30 for two but boy was it a feast (Price wasn't too bad really)

EDIT: Never mind. Didn't read post properly. Express :rolleyes:

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Jimmeh said:
I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Glasgow a few months ago (stag do). Trust me, you do not want to eat their breakfasts.

The one in Poole is alright. I stayed there for a week on business and it was ok. I did find myself only having two breakfasts though. They were fine, I was tired though. Bloody older colleagues leading me astray with their business expenses :D

Man of Honour
I stayed in one a few weeks ago in Southampton... though it was all paid for by the company I was having an interview with the following day, so I got £150 worth of stay in the hotel with free breakfast in the morning :D... pitty I had eaten far too much the night before and wasn't up for to much of a big breakfast :(

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Oblivious said:
The Hilton is very nice in Belfast, BUT there are far better hotels than the Hilton. Its totally over-rated.
I'm sure there are, but my point still stands I got the 2* joint whilst they got the Hilton :)

Permabanned
Bes said:
I'm sure there are, but my point still stands I got the 2* joint whilst they got the Hilton :)

Well, the Express by Holiday Inn near the Hilton isnt too bad. Ive been there too. :) Swings and roundabouts.

Just go and join your colleagues for dinner at the Hilton :) Or there is a lovely italian in town that Im trying to think the name of, but cant.

Edit* Sorry I just realised that your not the original poster :) Forgot who was who after reading it earlier.

Last edited:
Soldato
TheMagicPirate said:
I stayed at the holiday Inn in London just after Christmas and got a cracking deal! Online price for 2 nights was under the cost of just one night that was advertised on the board at reception.

Breakfast was £30 for two but boy was it a feast (Price wasn't too bad really)

EDIT: Never mind. Didn't read post properly. Express :rolleyes:
You will find that in any hotel pretty much anywhere, the price displayed on the board is 2-4 times as much as they usually charge. Its called the rack rate.

Back
Top Bottom