get me into the foo fighters...

Soldato
going to see them soon, don't know any songs apart from latest album,

i want to download some of there 'bigger hits'

can anyone give me a list of good well known songs and singles for me to get from itunes?

Man of Honour
Not sure which albulm they all come off but I'd suggest in no particular order - Generator, Everlong, Learn To Fly, Monkey Wrench, Low(amusing more for the video really), Aurora and All My Life as being worthwhile to listen to although there are quite a few more if I actually had access to my music collection here.

Man of Honour
penski said:
Don't bother. Seriously.

*n

Since the gent already has tickets do you not think it might improve the experience somewhat to actually know some of the music they will be playing?

I appreciate the Foo Fighters aren't your thing but just saying not to bother doesn't help overmuch that I can see. Do you have any reasons? :)

Soldato
Get the first two albums, self-titled and The Colour and the Shape. IMO they're the only two worth listening to as they get a bit poppy and dull after this, but there are some songs from both they're bound to play so well worth checking out.

Soldato
OP
cheers guys, well they are one of the head acts at the IOW fest in June, so will seeing them for sure, as there is only one stage and i quite like some of the latest album.

Soldato
Big Chris said:
Get the first two albums, self-titled and The Colour and the Shape. IMO they're the only two worth listening to as they get a bit poppy and dull after this, but there are some songs from both they're bound to play so well worth checking out.

That's pretty much the gospel truth when it comes to the Foos. Basically all you need to hear off the other albums would be 'Stacked Actors' and 'All My Life'.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Monkey Wrench
Learn to Fly
Times Like These
My Hero
Everlong
Hey, Johnny Park!
Low
Breakout
Aurora
Big Me

There's a nice selection for you :)

Soldato
Crazy Fool said:
going to see them soon, don't know any songs apart from latest album,

i want to download some of there 'bigger hits'

can anyone give me a list of good well known songs and singles for me to get from itunes?

Hey, you could always buy their albums. Just a thought.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
The Colour and The Shape is a fantastic album imo so definitely get that :)
And I'm very envious you'll be seeing them live :o

Soldato
dmpoole said:
I've tried so hard to listen this band and they do have some really good singles but they just fall short for me.

Totally agree. I have all their albums and can't listen to any of them in their entirety. There is a max a max of 5 great songs on each. The rest are pap to be honest.

I'd say the best album is Colour & The Shape.

Everlong is their best ever song and the video is hilarious.

Man of Honour
Not all of their songs are that great but they are brilliant live i seen them when they played at Reading last year and they were amazing and im off to see them at Hyde Park in the summer so hopefully theyl be just as good this year

Back
Top Bottom