Clio 197

Soldato
Oh God please no I'm trying to get away, maybe buy a 2nd hand Audi S3 and then I get an email from Renault about this

Do we like it?

check out the vented wheel arches

colour10xb.jpg

the subtle exhaust placement

imagegallery13ig.jpg

the 6 speed gear box

imagegallery128se.jpg

consider the 197bhp 2l normally aspirated engine and the sporty styling

imagegallery103gc.jpg

Man of Honour
I'm afraid the looks really don't do it justice. It'll probably be a great car following on from the previous models but it looks crap. It's too round and smooth, this car should have a more aggressive stance and more aggressive 'lines'.

Such a shame.

Soldato
The shape is not doing anything for me. I may need to see it in real life and it will grow on me.

THe details looks great.

I like the look of the radio.

Generally thumbs up. I wouldn't be ashamed of driving one. :)

Soldato
Looks ok, could be more aggresive though.

I love how they have stuck the basic radio in there, my dad has that in his bloody master van why couldn't they do something stylish.

Associate
neil-ste said:
That's because they share the same platform, I belive. They were developing this when I used to work at nissan a couple of years back.

Yep, the share the same chassis, the developement car had a micra shell on it when it was being developed to disguise what it was.

g0th2000 said:
It'd probably be a classic if it wasn't sporting +150kg of NCAP ballast :(

And thats my main problem with it, the extra power just about makes up for the extra lard its carrying around. So its not any quicker (marginally slower in fact) than the current 182.

Of course it may still be great despite this but we'll have to see.

Man of Honour
'fraid it doesn't really do it from me, certainly from the back, it just doesn't look "right". I'm sure (and hope) it would/will be impressive... but that just doesn't jump out and excite me I'm afraid! :(

Back
Top Bottom