Eclipse Internet rant..

Associate
I guess this is mainly to serve as a warning to anyone who is thinking about subscribing with Eclipse, though many people have said about billing problems since it was taking over by Kingston.

I've been with them 6 months now, as far as the connection goes, it's been fine. But recently i got an e-mail saying that they had forgot to invoice me for 5 months and that i hadn't been paying the bill. Their mistake. I told them I didn't want to pay the lump sum of £120, so we arranged that i would pay it off over 4 months.

I look at my bank statement today to find they had taken the £120 out. I rang them and they admitted it was a mistake and were aware of it, but never bothered to notify me or refund the money to continue with the payment plan we had arranged (ordinarily this wouldn't bother me, but as i'm between jobs right now and moving house it's not very convinient).
They transferred me to the wrong department 5 times, and i'm still waiting for payments to call me back.

I think i'll go back to NTL when i move into my new place, never had much trouble from them.

Thats all. Not the most important post, but good to know what kind of service you might be in for if you consider this ISP.

Associate
OP
Seems that way, giving what some other users here have also said.

They got back to me, i will be refunded, but they only issue refunds on a weekly basis, so i will have to wait.

I said i'm going to cancel my subscription at the end of this month, so i was put through to someone in customer service who said somebody in 'cancellations' will get back to me within half an hour... still havn't recieved that call.

Soldato
citric said:
Seems that way, giving what some other users here have also said.

They got back to me, i will be refunded, but they only issue refunds on a weekly basis, so i will have to wait.

I said i'm going to cancel my subscription at the end of this month, so i was put through to someone in customer service who said somebody in 'cancellations' will get back to me within half an hour... still havn't recieved that call.

Well if the billing still hasnt settled down after 12 months since the Kingston takeover then I doubt it ever will now...
And as for ringing you back...everything bar tech support closes around 5:30 IIRC. Sounds like they where fobbing you off IMO.
If you want to move, ring up tomorrow and ask for your MAC code, dont rant about leaving next month, just ask for the code and be on your way if you dont like the service there's plenty other companies to choose from.
Eclipse charge a premium price over an awful lot of other ISPs and IMO no longer offer a decent service for the extra to make it worth it, which is why I moved before Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom