xerox replacment

Associate
I have just had my panel replaced today because of image retension.
I am left feeling confused now the panel they have swapped it with came in a different box which just said xerox 19 on it.

There seems to be a bit more ghosting with this panel than the other,the manufacture date on the back is jan 05.On the plus side the colours are so much more vibrant and the viewing angles seem a lot better,the screen does not get dark at all when viewed from directly above or below,and you dont get the negative like image like i did on my previous one.

I am left feeling a bit confused,just how many different types of 19inch panels do xerox have floating around,i will have to see how it performs in games and decide if i should ring xerox again as i dont think this is the same panel i paid for.

Man of Honour
quite possibly not, have a read here. did the box have XA7-192i on it at all, or "8ms"....if not, you may have the 20ms edition which is a PVA panel instead of TN Film. nless you're bothered about the responsiveness majorly, i'd say that was a better panel anyway ;)

Associate
Hi, my first post although I have frequently visited the Overclockers forums for info, trends and feeback on products :)

My XA7-19i 8 (8 for 8ms) also has image retention at the top of the screen (windows explorer bar with the green 'go' button). I called Xerox just over two weeks ago, they gave me a reference number and said they would call me when a replacement was available.

I must admit I would not be pleased at all if the tried to replace my 8ms version with a 20ms panel. The reasons I bought this panel (from overlockers) were it's 8ms speed and zero pixel defect warranty (as well as the classy looks). I think I will get them to confirm that it is an 8ms panel they are sending when they call me to arrange the drop off / pick up.

Cheers :)

Associate
OP
I had to send the replacment back!!!]

It turned a lovely shade of green on the third day i had it,so am now waiting for my second replacment.

Associate
subzero said:
I had to send the replacment back!!!]

It turned a lovely shade of green on the third day i had it,so am now waiting for my second replacment.

subzero,

Did you manage to find out if it was a slower panel? Are they sending you a 8ms repalcement?

Cheers :)

Associate
OP
Yes it was the slower panel that was sent to me,to be honest i would have kept it as the image it produced was a lot better than the 8ms panel,anyhow thats all gone down the pan now this one has gone to the dogs.

Oh and i have a three week wait on some more stock arriving as these panels are apparently quite rare,the way im feeling right now im thinking its an even more rare occurence to find a good one.

Associate
I'm going to have to do the same thing, the xplorer bar is burned into the screen and refuses to disappear. I bought it in Aug 2005 from O/C, can someone advise what steps i should take to get it replaced? Gutted as it's a great looking monitor.

Associate
OP
Just use the phone number listed for all warranty claims on the OCUK page selling the XEROX tft,s.

Its a painless procedure, you just have to give the serial no ,product code and the date and place of purchase,then they will inform you they are waiting for stock and will give you a bell to arrange a date for a swap when they get some in.

Good luck.

Soldato
Hi all, my xerox has this stupid image retention too, and i want to RMA and get a replacement.

However, i bought my xerox from a competitor, and was wondering if the number given in the OCUK product description is the number i can use also. The competitor isnt being helpful so i wished i had bought from OCUK now :( . So just to confirm, can i use that 0870 number or is it for OCUK customers only?

Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom