Rangers fans cleared of bigotry

Associate
I suppose it depends what UEFA has based there decision on. If the Rangers fans didn’t sing what was alleged, then yes.

If however they were singing about being up to their knees in fenian blood then we have a victory for bigotry.

I am a Celtic supporter and have fallen out with friends who have sung certain songs.

Whatever happens I hope both clubs (and the rest of Scottish football) can start to say goodbye to sectarianism.

Bye the way, If this had been Celtic and I.R.A. songs I would feel the same way.

Associate
Typical UEFA response why is it they haven't got the balls to make a stand on Racism or Bigotry to quote from the BBC Web Site

"Uefa says it could not take action against Rangers fans because their alleged sectarian singing had been tolerated for years in Scotland."

BBC News

So that makes it ok then :mad: someone should remind them so was Slavery and Apartite but it doesn't make it right.

Soldato
I'm a Gers' fan but UEFA has bottled out of this. I was hoping we would get off but on the basis that DM had proved they'd been working hard to get rid of the sectarian problem.

All UEFA's decision say to the 90 minute (and full time) bigots is that "it's okay, this has been going on for years, carry on".

I was at the Artmedia game tail end of last year and there was one particular guy who was giving it big licks. Not just the Billy Boys or Follow, Follow but FTP etc. A Stewart and a Cop just stood and watched. :(

Soldato
big_white_dog84 said:
I agree that these songs need to be removed from football grounds. I would argue that a good start would be to educate our kids in the same schools.

I agree that would be a help but at the end of the day they have denomination schools in other parts of Scotland (and England I think) and there's not the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom