Men & Motors to be replaced by ITV Play on Freeview

Soldato
Okay not sure where this thread should be (GD, Motors, Music & Box Office or Home Cinema & Hi-Fi) so if wrong would a kind Don mind moving it, cheers.

Anyway just flicking through the channels on Freeview and noticed that Men & Motors is to be replaced by a new channel called ITV Play.

Whilst M&M isn’t the best of channels (too much soft smut) it does have a fair amount of half decent motor programmes and 80s classics (Magnum etc) so a little disappointed to see it go.

So what’s it been replaced with then? what is this ITV Play? Sounds like some sort of music channel…………no it’s yet another 24 hour quiz channel aimed at the stupid to encourage them to cough up loads of cash via premium rate phone numbers.

How does this sort of thing get approved, surely this isn’t a viewers decision/request. :(

Soldato
GSXRMovistar said:
Okay not sure where this thread should be (GD, Motors, Music & Box Office or Home Cinema & Hi-Fi) so if wrong would a kind Don mind moving it, cheers.

Anyway just flicking through the channels on Freeview and noticed that Men & Motors is to be replaced by a new channel called ITV Play.

Whilst M&M isn’t the best of channels (too much soft smut) it does have a fair amount of half decent motor programmes and 80s classics (Magnum etc) so a little disappointed to see it go.

So what’s it been replaced with then? what is this ITV Play? Sounds like some sort of music channel…………no it’s yet another 24 hour quiz channel aimed at the stupid to encourage them to cough up loads of cash via premium rate phone numbers.

How does this sort of thing get approved, surely this isn’t a viewers decision/request. :(
I saw this and was really naffed off. I seriously hope it returns.
I think ITV Play is like a quiz show channel :(

Nem

Nem

Associate
I've also noticed this today, it went off air at 6am today apparently. Men and Motors is owned by ITV so they have just decided they have better money making use of channel 35.

:mad:

Nick

Soldato
OP
.SJ said:
There's so much channel space wasted on Freeview it's a joke. They should bin off ALL the +1 channels & game show channels and put something else on. The channel space is very limited as it is yet they (the people in charge of running the Freeview service) seem content on loading it up with utter crap.
Agree with that although I'd rather more +1 channels instead of these waste of space quiz channels.

Soldato
i'm going to miss magnum now.

I don't understand the quiz channels, as most of the time from what I can see they don't even tell you the rules of the puzzles, so its not a quiz but a guessing game.

I'd get rid of all the quiz channels, most of the music ones and the stupid auctions ones and home shopping.

Soldato
i just hope they take all those quiz rubbish from itv ,itv2 now as when they use to show a old movie or sumthing ** at night they put that quiz rubbish on now.Sad to see men in motors go from freeview but hopefully they put all those quiz shows rubbish on one channel now.

Back
Top Bottom