Sept 11, Emergency services transcript

Permabanned
I read this on another forum, and I just feel that I have to share it here too. I also listened to the MP3 recording of the transcript, and I wish I hadn't now. I won't be posting a link to that here.

However here is the transcript, made to a 911 operator. The last few lines are the most chilling.

Transcript of Kevin Cosgrove's call to 911 operators

9-11: What's the telephone number I can tell FD to push up? What's the telephone number you're calling from?

Kevin Cosgrove: I can barely see.

9-11: You can barely see?

KC: 4-4-1... .

9-11: 4-4-1... .

KC: 2-6-2-3

9-11: That's on the 105th floor of the Northwest corner, right?

KC: Right.

9-11: At number Two World Trade Center?

KC: Right ... Lady, there's two of us in this office. We're not ready to die, but it's getting bad.

9-11: I understand, sir. We're trying to get all the apparatuses there. I am trying to let them know where you are. Stay on the line

KC: Oh, please hurry.

Fire Department: Let me talk to the caller please ... Let me talk to the caller. Where is he?

9-11: He's on the line.

FD: Let me talk to him ... Where is the fire, sir?

KC: Smoke really bad. 105 Two Tower.

FD: Alright. Sit tight. We'll get to you as soon as we can.

KC: They keep saying that, but the smoke's really bad now.

FD: That's all we can do now.

KC: What floor are you guys up to?

FD: We're getting there. We're getting there.

KC: Doesn't feel like it, man. I got young kids.

FD: I understand that, sir. We're on the way.

9-11: He's on the 105th floor in the Northwest corner.

KC: He hung up on me ... Hello, operator?

9-11: Yes?

KC: Come on, man.

9-11: We have everything we need, sir.

KC: I know you do, but doesn't seem like it ... You got lots of people up here.

9-11: I understand.

KC: I know you got a lot in the building, but we are on the top. Smoke raises, too. We are on the floor. We're in the window. I can barely breathe now. I can't see.

9-11: Okay, just try to hang in there. I'm going to stay with you.

KC: You can say that, you're in an air-conditioned building. What the **** happened?

9-11: Okay. I'm still here ... still trying ... The Fire Department is trying to get to you.

KC: Doesn't feel like it.

9-11: Okay, try to calm down so you can conserve your oxygen, okay? Try to ...

KC: Tell God to blow the wind from the West. It's really bad. It's black. It's arid. Does anyone else wanna chime in here? We're young men. We're not ready to die.

9-11: I understand.

KC: How the hell are you going to get my ass down? I need oxygen.

9-11: They're coming. They're getting you. They have a lot of apparatuses on the scene.

KC: It doesn't feel like it, lady. You get them in from all over. You get 'em in from Jersey. I don't give a ****. Ohio.

9-11: Okay, sir. What's your last name?

KC: Name's Cosgrove. I must have told you about a dozen times already. C.O.S.G.R.O.V.E. My wife thinks I'm alright. I called and said I was leaving the building and that I was fine and then -- bang ... Cherry. Doug Cherry. Doug Cherry's next to me. 105. Whose office? John Ostaru's office?

9-11: That's where he said? That's the office?

KC: We're in John Ostaru's office. O.S.T.A.R.U.

9-11: A.R.U.

KC: Right. That's the office we're in. There are three of us in here.

9-11: Ostaru. Hello?

KC: Hello. We're looking in ... We're overlooking the Financial Center. Three of us. Two broken windows. Oh God. Oh ...

At this point the tower collapses.

Its really hit me, just like watching those images 4 nearly 5 years ago all over again. :(

Permabanned
OP
I wasn't going to post the link Scuzi. But here you go anyway:

Link Removed until rehosted on another site plus its ok with a Don

The end, just.. hit me :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Scuzi said:
Terrible :(
How about a link to the recording?

I think you should think carefully before clickin any link posted.

There are somethings you dont want to hear, and you cant unhear it once its in your head.

We have a poster of the 2 towers in our hall at home, my mum was there a few months before it happened. Heaven forbid anythin that bad happens again, my uncle was killed in a terrorist attack in 1983 and although I wasnt around then, my dad still remembers it.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
It's awful. What I hate are those that say, get over it, it was 5 years ago. When people say that it makes my blood boil. They wouldn't be saying that if it was their mother/father/sibling/child in there. It wasn't until I watched a documentary and it was talking about the people that it really got me.

Family men, just like my father. It ripped me apart.

Permabanned
yea great thanks for posting this crap. :rolleyes:

DONT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR THE BUILDING COLLAPSE AND PEOPLE CRYING OUT AS THEY DIE :mad:

Man of Honour
anksta said:
I think you should think carefully before clickin any link posted.

There are somethings you dont want to hear, and you cant unhear it once its in your head.

I'm aware of this, thanks. I'm not sensitive to such things.

It really does hit home when you hear the end.

chopchop said:

DONT CLICK THE LINK IF YOU DONT WANT TO HEAR THE BUILDING COLLAPSE AND PEOPLE CRYING OUT AS THEY DIE :mad:

You hardly expected to hear the theme tune to the Magic Roundabout did you? There was plenty of warning, no-one forced you to listen :rolleyes:

Soldato
Strange the human psyche's need to involve itself with such information... i remember when it happened, and although i had spent the day at school, coming home to sit and watch the aftermath for hours unable to drag myself away even though i knew it was a horrendous act that i shouldnt be so compelled to watch.

Although, i wont listen to that recording. The words will haunt you, i cant do it.

Soldato
chopchop said:

You were warned, what exactly were you expecting? Joy and happiness?

I'm not clicking the link, reading it is bad enough for me.

Soldato
gord said:
Strange the human psyche's need to involve itself with such information... i remember when it happened, and although i had spent the day at school, coming home to sit and watch the aftermath for hours unable to drag myself away even though i knew it was a horrendous act that i shouldnt be so compelled to watch.

Although, i wont listen to that recording. The words will haunt you, i cant do it.

yeah me too, I would listen to the recording but I have enough trouble sleeping as it is, my nightmares are bad enough.

Its bad enough just thinking about it, and reading the article on the BBC today about that guy who is on trial listening to the recording of the pilot on the Pennsylvania flight as the terrorists overtook the plane and smiling makes me sick.

Despite all that, I have to say I agree with the defene of this guy, he mostly likely is mentally unstable but besides that, executing him will just serve to fulfill his goal as a so called "martyr". I say let him rot in solitary for the rest of his days.

Back
Top Bottom