• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bf2 stuttering on 7600GT ...

Permabanned
any way to cure this ? running with textures and texture filtering on high, AAx2 1280x1024, it doesnt seem like its the graphics card causing it as it runs real good but is prone to occasional terrible bouts of stuttering...

Permabanned
locutus12 said:
any way to cure this ? running with textures and texture filtering on high, AAx2 1280x1024, it doesnt seem like its the graphics card causing it as it runs real good but is prone to occasional terrible bouts of stuttering...

How much RAM you got, buddy?

Permabanned
OP
not me, hes got a gig of geil which is enough, hes not getting disk access, when the stuttering occurrs ive personally kept my eye on the HDD LED, nothing,

Permabanned
kk, aaaaand what CPU (should have asked before, sorry!)
Have you defragged? Fresh install?

I have 2 gig of RAM, I really think it eats about 1.5 gigs.

He always had the stuttering?

Permabanned
Well it isn't an insanely fast CPU, and with only 1gig of RAM, I'm not suprised to be honest.
Sorry dude, aside from overclock and buy another Gig, there isn't a lot you can do!

kbc

kbc

Associate
locutus12 said:
lol, trust me, that ram and the cpu are fine, he ran near these settings with his 9700pro, old 1.7Ghz intel p4 and a gig of rambus

You've said stuttering and stuttering in games happens normally with a lack of RAM... Battlefield 2 has large RAM requirements. There is no other real explanation to that, unless you're saying it's a hard drive failure... often with hard drives, they normally work or don't work?

Permabanned
OP
i ran bf2 with less hardware than him for 5 months before i upgraded, trust me, it runs fine, the issue is with the card not the ram or disk access.

Soldato
Definitely RAM, run it all on medium and I bet it'd be silky smooth.

CPU is fine.

edit:

Run BF2 for a bit, then if it studders: close the game, open task manager and go to the "Performance" tab then in the bottom left look under "Commit Charge (K)" and more specifically the "Peak" value under this.

If it's higher than the Total Physical Memory (on the right hand side) then RAM is your problem.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
isnt anyone listening to me ??? its not the bloody ram!!! there is O disk access, NOT THE RAM NOT THE RAM NOT THE RAM!!!! for the love of god... :rolleyes:

Soldato
locutus12 said:
isnt anyone listening to me ??? its not the bloody ram!!! there is O disk access, NOT THE RAM NOT THE RAM NOT THE RAM!!!! for the love of god... :rolleyes:

See my edit above to completely rule it out.

I'm also amazed he's running at almost the same settings as he was on a 1.7 with 9700? Surely he should be pushing the 7600 further or he was watching a slideshow before?

Permabanned
OP
well i guess when i say "nearly" the same, i am exagerating abit, but the 9700pro ran in medium quality settings (where it counted) @ 1024X768 no aa / af all be it clocked to within an inch of its life on a 1.7ghz intel with a gig of rambus, there was no trouble... but i will check out peak load,

Back
Top Bottom