Quake 4 Problem

Soldato
Despite several reinstalls of the game when i run it, it crashes back to desktop every time. No error messages or anything. Now i hadnt played it for a week or two and in that two weeks ive done some upgrades. I added a 2nd 7800GT, tho i did fire it up after id installed it to check the other card was working.

Yesterday, i changed my sound form an audigy2 to an X-fi fatal1ty. At the same time i hooked up a new monitor, an acer al1916w widescreen.

I think the problem lies in the fact that it was set to run at 1280x1024, a res that my monitor dosent support. Doom 3 was the same, but a reinstall fixed that. Now ive reinstalled Q4 and it still dosent work, even with the 1.04 patch applied.

Anyone got any ideas?

Soldato
I take it it crashes back to the desktop before it displays the menus etc?

Try uninstalling, deleting the Quake 4 directory in Progam Files (assuming one is left over) and then install Quake 4 again.

Soldato
OP
Yeah just before it gets to the menu. Ive deleted the directory out of program files, but whe i reinstalled i put it on a different drive. It could be that it dosent like the drivers im using i suppose ( 84.25 )

Back
Top Bottom