chairs - anyone use a standard chair without wheels

Associate
on the quest for a decent pc chair for my living room i finally settled on one i like which has a oak effect base and arms, in brown leather or beige suede effect. It would go nice in my living room but i would need a mat for the floor to protect the real wood laminate flooring from the castors.

then i got thinking that maybe a nice tall back dining chair or similar would look nicer and fit in better with my living room furniture which would be dark wood. Not sure if this is a good idea considering i spend a bit of time on my pc.

So anyone on here use ordinary chairs for their pc and how do you find them for long term comfort. I dont want to buy one and find it gets a bit sore on yer bum or is not comfy after a couple of hours. I dont need it for moving about or spinning round so putting felt pads on the feet would be fine for it too slide in and out on the laminate flooring.

your opinions and views please chaps :D

Soldato
sare^baw's said:
on the quest for a decent pc chair for my living room i finally settled on one i like which has a oak effect base and arms, in brown leather or beige suede effect. It would go nice in my living room but i would need a mat for the floor to protect the real wood laminate flooring from the castors.

then i got thinking that maybe a nice tall back dining chair or similar would look nicer and fit in better with my living room furniture which would be dark wood. Not sure if this is a good idea considering i spend a bit of time on my pc.

So anyone on here use ordinary chairs for their pc and how do you find them for long term comfort. I dont want to buy one and find it gets a bit sore on yer bum or is not comfy after a couple of hours. I dont need it for moving about or spinning round so putting felt pads on the feet would be fine for it too slide in and out on the laminate flooring.

your opinions and views please chaps :D

Personally I cant see this being an issue. If you have everything infront of you and within reach so you dont need to roll around a normal chair would do nicely :)
Go the whole hog - get an armchair and build a surface to rest keyboard/mouse on - job done :D

Associate
i do, i've found that those cheep argos (no argos are not a competitor of OcUK thye're where people with no imagination go to buy things) chairs last about 3 weeks with me, and even my £120 chair at work is a little worse for ware, so at home i use a standard pine dinner chair, i've found it's good for my posture and i dont mess about on it as much. my back's been feeling a hell of a lot better since useing it.

Associate
OP
oh yes a nice big comfy armchair would be nice indeed :rolleyes:

i am sitting on a cheap dining chair just now, pine with thin pad, not very comfy but ok for short periods, i would like to think if i got a well padded dining chair then i would be fine for hours using that, i was wondering if there was any ergonomic issues when using for long periods.

Soldato
If youre worried about damaging the floor you can get hard wood/real wood casters. I'm hoping to get an aeron chair (thats to everyone else) second hand, and am buying some wodd-freindly casters for it so i can swap them when it arrives. They're a little bigger and have rubber grips i think so they can't scratch.

Back
Top Bottom