"Thanks"

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Looking at some other big forums, and seeing as OCUK is a very helpful place, I was wondering if the powers that be would consider a 'thanks' button to show gratitude to those who have helped us.

Many other forums have it down the side next to postcount "Thanked x times". and IMO it's a nice touch.

Man of Honour
Agreed, that is a good idea. PErhaps, to encourage even more helping, if you collect a hundred thanks you can have a free gift.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
OP
I know I beleive it's all down to security holes new mods could introduce, but TBH it's a pretty simple vBulletin hack- far more simple than -say- the trust script OCUK have.

Soldato
It's a nice idea, but it's just another form of labelling people. If someone has been helpful and solved a problem for someone, then they usually say thanks.

They do in the software section anyway.

Man of Honour
Bes said:
Well anything you do in vBulletin is a hack I think? The trust script used here would have been, and it's a way simpler job than that.
No idea how the Trust is set up, but hacks won't be implimented here. There's been plenty put forward before and a few would probably have been implimented if it didn't involve a hack.

To be honest, compromising security for something thats nice but hardly integral doesn't make all that much sense.

Shame really. Perfectly understandable though.

Caporegime
One of the forums i help moderate and put together, we have a system of karma where you can rate other posters views as good or bad. Works very well although some people dont bother giving others karma.

With the amount of posters we have, its kinda gets a bit hectic at times though. But i have to admit its the best idea we have come up with.

Soldato
Gilly said:
No idea how the Trust is set up, but hacks won't be implimented here. There's been plenty put forward before and a few would probably have been implimented if it didn't involve a hack.

To be honest, compromising security for something thats nice but hardly integral doesn't make all that much sense.

Shame really. Perfectly understandable though.

Yeah but other forums use it successfully and security is, im sure important to them.

Perhaps this should be made into a poll and then Spie and his team could decide after seeing what peeps here think.

Yes its a private forum - but change is not always a bad thing.

/no need to THANK me..

Soldato
Gilly said:
Doesn't really matter what other forums do :p

I'm not just saying that it won't happen and being negative, its actually not going to happen.

That may be the case and you are right it doesnt matter what others do but It just seems odd that this forum is so against modifications...

Oh well Spie owns it so his call I guess.

/goes to get early afternoon beverage.

Back
Top Bottom