Hiper Type R 580W Modular (Black) Question

Soldato
Does this PSU vary fan speed according to temps ?

Ive noticed the fan doesnt always spin up, it sort of tries to start... (im assuming lack of volts).. and was wondering, will it start when the temps increase ?

I changed the fan to a yate loon BTW, and the 80mm to a slim SilenX :D

Soldato
Yes, it does. Also when on restart it will go full speed until it gets back to windows...

I think you should put the old fans back on, or replace the resistor on the current one to something not as high, the hiper has small heatsinks, so will not like having little air passing by it.

Man of Honour
As already said yes it does. I would also suggest you put the fans back on. Those silenx ones have bugger all airflow and don't believe what the fact sheets state for them.

I don't know why you changed them in the first place as my Hiper is silent. Unless of course your airflow in the case is not that great and the extra heat is causing the Hiper to run at full pelt all the time.

Soldato
OP
the exhaust doesnt need to be powerful... and the yate is more than powerful enough...

this is to go in the bottom of a V1000, so its cool enough, but its the noisiest part of my computer... thats why i want to silence it :)

Soldato
Mine is completely silent as well - best PSU I've ever had. Its only when the PC turns off and it runs for a minute or so to cool it down that you know it is on at all.

However, I think people have very mixed results with them in reliability and noise.

Back
Top Bottom