Freeview Cards/USBs - How do I know if I can get reception?

Soldato
Before I get a freeview PCI/USB device, is there anyway of knowing if I can get reception?

I have SKY at home so very rarely use terrestrial transmissions... My CH5 reception is quite poor, but then again, people theses days say that has little to do with the quality of your Freeview reception?

Soldato
Soldato
OP
Liquid_Entity said:
I bought a Leadtek USB2 thingy box thing for my PC. Wouldnt pick up a thing with the house roof aerial plugged in, yet plug the aerial back into my tv set top box for freeview and I get every channel going, with no glitches. Even in an area where we arent supposed to pick much up.

Sorry you're implying there even though your set top box got channels, the Leadtek thingy wouldn't? Surely that's bad!? What did you do?

Soldato
NeilFawcett said:
Sorry you're implying there even though your set top box got channels, the Leadtek thingy wouldn't? Surely that's bad!? What did you do?

I did everything the instructions told me, even downloaded the latest drivers and firmware. It just wouldnt get any signal at all. I plugged in the standard aerial they give you with it and that got more signal than the main aerial lead.

It just wouldnt pick anything up. was weird, it may be a faulty unit I didnt know, but then I went and used it on my dads laptop downstairs and he got about 10 channels off the provided aerial but still not many compared to using a proper set top box.

Soldato
The compro dvbt200 is preety sensitive at picking up channels provided you use the latest software off the website an not the cd ones, I used to get 125 channels with that, picked up all channels 2-3 times.
i currently got a nebula now that picks up every channel once ( i think it probably picks them all up but its much smarter software, probably realises i dont want two bbc ones etc).

Soldato
OP
Vegeta said:
The compro dvbt200 is preety sensitive at picking up channels provided you use the latest software off the website an not the cd ones, I used to get 125 channels with that, picked up all channels 2-3 times.
i currently got a nebula now that picks up every channel once ( i think it probably picks them all up but its much smarter software, probably realises i dont want two bbc ones etc).

The Nebula is quite pricey isn't it? (Aux in? eg: Svideo for a DVD/Video etc?)

Back
Top Bottom