**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Associate
BruceLee said:
Thanks, I think I have most of that 1st post memorised :o
Ive trawled through there but not much luck :(

Have installed my mates 6800GT and it works perfectly, the only difference is that it has the extra power connector. Is there any setting in the BIOS to sort this out???

I dont know which to RMA, the board or the GFX, as both work perfectly with other systems...........arghhh

oh ok isn't there a setting in the bios to select AGP or pcie? make sure its set to pcie maybe not AGP
as i'm @ work i can't check can't remember what is says sorry

Ninja

Soldato
Yeah thats the only place AFAIK that allows you to choose, but setting them as anything doesnt matter as it still works, its just which is the primary display. I left my AGP card as PCIE for a few days and no problems.

If I RMA the card then I can expect it to work perfectly on their system.

Associate
BruceLee said:
Yeah thats the only place AFAIK that allows you to choose, but setting them as anything doesnt matter as it still works, its just which is the primary display. I left my AGP card as PCIE for a few days and no problems.

If I RMA the card then I can expect it to work perfectly on their system.

If your using an Pcie card don't you have to uninstall AGP driver first shutdown the system remove the AGP card then fit pcie card, then restart go into bios change AGP to Pcie reboot then install ATI driver? sorry but can't remember exactly. or maybe you have already tried this.

Cheers
Ninja

Soldato
Hi,

well, i reinstalled XP yesterday am with the PCIE card in only and it worked fine, its only when I install CATs that it goes and locks up.

I was unsure if i needed to install the agp motherboard drivers for a pcie card but i did anyway.

Associate
BruceLee said:
Hi,

well, i reinstalled XP yesterday am with the PCIE card in only and it worked fine, its only when I install CATs that it goes and locks up.

I was unsure if i needed to install the agp motherboard drivers for a pcie card but i did anyway.

maybe thats the problem because your using a pci card with agp chipset drivers, i also know that there are new ATI drivers 6.4.
maybe you could also use driver cleaner in safe mode and then retry the ULI intergrated but don't install the AGP chipset drivers.

Ninja

Soldato
Can you see anything wrong with volts on the board?I am wondering if its supplying enough to power the PCIE card (as the card doesnt have an external power plug on it)

Associate
volts look fine to me, also i have had this reply regarding the uli driver installation from ocworkbench

'You need to install ULi integrated if you are using LAN on board. As it will detect whether you are using AGP or PCIe card, it will install ULI AGP driver if you are using a AGP card.

My advice is to install it irregardless. Just treat it as system platform driver.'

Ninja

Soldato
Bit of a noob question but here goes... I just got 2gig of G.skill ram 2.3.2.5

I dont know how to set this up in the bios, as I normally just let it run at whatever it chooses, in the bios I have this..

Options>
CAS LATENCY (CL) Auto / or 2/2.5/3.0... I take it I set this to 2 as my ram is cas 2.

TRCD Auto 2 CLK / 3/4/5/6

TRAS Auto or 5 to 15 CLK

TRP Auto or 2 to 6 CLK

Where do I put 2/3/2/5? As TRAS is only 5 to 15 and not an option for 2. :confused:

Soldato
ninjapilot said:
volts look fine to me, also i have had this reply regarding the uli driver installation from ocworkbench

'You need to install ULi integrated if you are using LAN on board. As it will detect whether you are using AGP or PCIe card, it will install ULI AGP driver if you are using a AGP card.

My advice is to install it irregardless. Just treat it as system platform driver.'

Ninja

LOL i thought that was you on there, im on the same page asking my questions about my problem :p

(name is Kozicka)

Permabanned
Jimbo said:
Bit of a noob question but here goes... I just got 2gig of G.skill ram 2.3.2.5

I dont know how to set this up in the bios, as I normally just let it run at whatever it chooses, in the bios I have this..

Options>
CAS LATENCY (CL) Auto / or 2/2.5/3.0... I take it I set this to 2 as my ram is cas 2.

TRCD Auto 2 CLK / 3/4/5/6

TRAS Auto or 5 to 15 CLK

TRP Auto or 2 to 6 CLK

Where do I put 2/3/2/5? As TRAS is only 5 to 15 and not an option for 2. :confused:

tras will be your 5

trcd or trp will be your 3, mine are all 2, so i dont know which is which :p

boot up memtest and it'll show you if you got it right.

Soldato
chopchop said:
tras will be your 5

trcd or trp will be your 3, mine are all 2, so i dont know which is which :p

boot up memtest and it'll show you if you got it right.

Thanks very much mate, I'll try it. Is it best to get memtest for windows or dos? and whats the best way? floppy disk?

With regards to the 1T setting, I just set it to 1T in the bios, pressed print screen and it was fine.. opened up paint and pressed ctrl and v and my pc just rebooted its self. Is there a solution to this?

Last edited:
Soldato
in speed fan i assume:
temp 1 = case temp
temp 2 = cpu temp

but what is temp 3 sensor? it seems to get almost as hot as the cpu temp and is usually going up and down with the cpu temp but is usually a couple of degrees lower.

not sure on what it is measuring though. :confused:

Associate
Cyber-Mav said:
in speed fan i assume:
temp 1 = case temp
temp 2 = cpu temp

but what is temp 3 sensor? it seems to get almost as hot as the cpu temp and is usually going up and down with the cpu temp but is usually a couple of degrees lower.

not sure on what it is measuring though. :confused:
I think it might be the external CPU temp, and the other one that gets hotter is the internal diode. Thats my guess anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom