Men & Motors to be replaced by ITV Play on Freeview

Permabanned
it wasnt a bog standard reply, since mine is different:

Thank you for your email and comments which have been recorded here in the ITV Duty Office.

Kind regards,
Duty Office - dc

can we have more people complain pls thnx :D

Permabanned
uk_viper said:
that is a kick in the teeth, and theyre gonna replace it with another channels thats most likely going to be full of repeats!

erm.. didnt u read the thread? its being replaced by one of those gay quiz channels.

Soldato
refuzion said:
Saw this earlier mate, and I'm very pee'd by it to be honest.

I used to love watching Magnum and Auf Wiedersehen, Pet :mad:

Ditto, damn ITV.

Email sent.

Hello,

It has came to my attention that Men & Motors has been replaced by yet another ITV channel, which i suspect will be another of the same repeated stuff ITV shows on every other of their channels, either that or another music channel, of which their are enough of, or another stupid quiz program with high rate telephone lines trying to pray on the stupid.

In short, i really wish to display my displease that ITV felt the need to take over one of the few channels i watch on Freeview, and really wonder why you feel the need to take over a already used channel and not use blank number, i believe channel 8 is free, whats wrong with that one?

Its not prime time time TV, but its better than watching repeats of the X Factor or the other junk you constantly repeat on your channels.

Oh well, bye bye Magnum P.I. and world scariest police chases etc, just as i started watching them. Hope you play something good ITV, and not use it to show pointless repeats or stuff like the X Factor Xtra Time (or whatever its called) or the other stupid extended programs you show.

--
Regards,
Paul Steele

Last edited:
Soldato
Update, had a reponce to the above.

Thank you for your email.

From the 19th April, ITV Play will take the slot currently being used by Men and Motors on Freeview. Men and Motors will continue to broadcast a strong schedule on Sky, Telewest and NTL. ITV has limited capacity on the Freeview platform and we have to take decisions based upon the capacity available. In this instance we believe ITV Play represents the best commercial use of this capacity on DTT. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused to our viewers.

Duty Officer-AT

They didnt really tell me anything productive at all.

Caporegime
GSXRMovistar said:

Whilst M&M isn’t the best of channels (too much soft smut) it does have a fair amount of half decent motor programmes and 80s classics (Magnum etc) so a little disappointed to see it go.

they stopped doing soft smut ages ago

i turned onto men and motors at 11pm on a friday a while back, expecting pr0n and got some australian police series !!

its all car programs / re-runs / documentaries now. Shame none of it is new though :(

Soldato
I doubt it will make much difference - ITV don't care what we think - but I'm drafting up a complaint email right now. I wasn't a huge fan of Men & Motors, only switching over to it occasionally, but it really is a shame to see an individual, relatively useful channel going down the pan to be replaced by that quiz show rubbish.

On the upside, hopefully this will herald the return of semi-decent (about as decent as ITV are capable of) programming to ITV at night :rolleyes:

Soldato
Thank you for your email.

From the 19th April, ITV Play will take the slot that was used by Men and Motors on Freeview. Men and Motors will continue to broadcast a strong schedule on Sky, Telewest and NTL. ITV has limited capacity on the Freeview platform and we have to take decisions based upon the capacity available. In this instance we believe ITV Play represents the best commercial use of this capacity on DTT. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused to our viewers.

Duty Officer-AT

Associate
There was a bit in the papers the otherday about how much ITV make from the phonecall charges on the quiz shows they do. It worked out they make a heck of a lot of money from it so decived to make their won channel only for quiz shows.

Damn channels do my nut in, like that great british quiz, where they have about 1000 answers to the question the only person that will win is the one that says the 1000th answer that hasnt been said.

Soldato
According to this article ("Q How can ITV raise £20m? A with a call-in puzzle channel") ITV are looking to make £20m from ITV Play in it's first year. Apparently "Quizmania earned ITV more than £1.2 million in the first two weeks of transmission."

This article (ITV gets ready to play to interactive audience) really does take the cake, though; "ITV would consider launching a gambling channel and forming a teleshopping partnership." They're marketing this wave of rubbish as "viewer participation" but all they're really doing is taking the easy route and generating a lot of money in the process. I'm fine watching ITV self-destruct (They've never been any good anyway), but I'm just hoping they don't use up anymore slots on Freeview in the process :mad:

Soldato
:(

I only watched the police camera actions or whatever they were and the gumball 3000 once.. but I don't want to have less channels on my list :/

Cut out most already :p

Back
Top Bottom