m6 toll - worth it?

Associate
Jez said:
About 2 fixed gatso's, both very obvious :)

Obviously i would not ever condone speeding through roadworks, just think of the poor builders

They also have cctv cams on top of big poles behind several bridges - so if you're 40+ and faster than all the other traffic they'll know

Soldato
I've got a private test track like the m6 toll and that's where I do my top speed runs in the early hours of the morning. Indicated 128 so far :)

I love the toll, the toll booth GP is definately the best part about it lol, doesn't matter who you are, it's always good for a giggle :p

Soldato
I'd leave as late as possible. I was up in Lancaster 2 hours ago and northbound is down to one lane and they were resurfacing 2 lanes due to a wagon fire earlier. The traffic was standing back to Jct 27 where I got off which is about 35 miles and it was getting worse. It's going to take hours to clear.

As for the toll road, in my experience on a Friday night you just join the queue a bit further up but it saves about 10 minutes.

Caporegime
Siliconslave said:
I'm heading upto the lakes tonight, but staying just north of Crewe tonight cause i can't leave till after 7.

Just wondering if i'm going to be at the m6 toll for about 9ish (if i'm lucky) is it going to be worth splashing out on it?

Cheers
Sam

Have fun mate, should drive up to crew now and hunt your MX out, your only 10 - 15 mins from my house!

Back
Top Bottom