O2 XDA Mini S, Anygood?

Soldato
StevenG said:
EVERYONE who has one has said to take off the o2 software. what does it do apart from slowing the phone down?

TBH don't know as I reset mine before I used it :D , however My mate used his with the O2 software and it was dog slow & kept freezing.

From what I gather its a different front-end and virus checker.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I've been doing a good bit of reading up, started saving loads of links, hints&tips etc. I next need to check when my renewal is due :)

Phone looks good, Camera is pap which is a downer as I do enjoy my K750's great camera but I do miss my old 6600's 3rd party programs etc.

Soldato
isnt is just a light on this one like a little round led thing?

EDIT: im upgrading from a 6630 so i wont see that much difference in the camera. but i used one of these phones in the shop and the screen is just massive :D the big screen and windows will make up for the crappy camera. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Here's a quick review:

Pros:

Small enough to fit in a pocket
Wifi/Bluetooth/IR - It's well connected
Slidey keyboard is good to type on and is indispensible once you get use to it
Very stable once you remove the O2 stuff
If you actually use it as a PDA you *will* become more organised!
Very good battery life unless you really hammer the wifi

Cons:

Camera is absolute bobbins
The stylus is a little too small for me
Can become a little sluggish after a few days use
Activesync 4.1 is a unstable mess and whether it works or not is more down to the placement of the moon in relation to your starsign than whether it's installed properly

Soldato
when i first got my XDA II i tried to flash the rom and it died literally before the day was over :( was quite gutted!

but yeah, xda's really are quality devices. to anyone who's done the whole series 60 thing and wants an upgrade, its defiantly the next logical upgrade.

since i got my K750i as my latest upgrade bout this time last year, ive just used my XDA for mp3's (as the mp3 player is rather good), vid's and games now with the odd bit of msn and web browsin when i stick me sim card in it (streaming kerrang radio :) when o2 give free gprs). hopefully sat nav soon when i can get a gps receiver.

Soldato
OP
Looks like I maybe getting it sooner than I expected, my renewal isnt due for a god 2months but my girlfriends is due next month ;) so I'll have my phone then and she can have her new phone when mine is due :D :cool: rock and roll

I had better hunt around for a bigger memory card, I wish they would stop bringing out new ones every time, already got loads which are useless now :(

Back
Top Bottom