Making my left arm as strong as my right

Caporegime
Ive just started going to the gym for the first time in my life, mainly to lose weight (need to lose 2 stones :(), so Im doing about 60mins of cardio 2/3 times a week at the moment and Im quite enjoying it, unsure how effective it is yet (only been doing it for a month) but Im making sure I dont overdo it. My basic routinue is:

12 mins of running, 'hand cycling thingy', cross-trainer and cycling (and rowing if Im mad) where it has intervals of high/low workout - heard that increases stamina.
100 situps (60 front, 20 on each side) and about 5x10 of biceps curls using 10KG...

Sound good/bad?!?

Anyway Ive just started to do some weights aswell just to break it up and perhaps prevent me turning into a skinny runt, but Im having some problems with it. Basically my left arm seems a lot weaker than my right (I am right handed :p) and so find some exercises difficult to do as it usually gives way much quicker than I want/need it to.

What can I do to increase the strength of my left arm? - Ive been advised not to train it more than my right and to make sure I maintain good technique whatever Im doing. I just cant see how to do it and wondering if its just gonna hold me back...

P.S. While Im at it - are there any Vega dieters/gymsters out there? I dont eat any meat or egg and Im unsure how to really reduce my calorie intake without just reducing portions and ensure Im eating a high protein, low fat diet to boot :confused:

Soz for all the questions - new to this - hoping you guys can point me in the right direction - looking to lose the weight by June if I can :)

TIA

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Must not post obvious answer :p

I'm no weights guru, but I've heard it mentioned that you should 'tire out' your strong arm slightly by doing a few reps on that arm alone, then doing exercises involving both arms which allows the left arm to catch up a bit.

Permabanned
Must... restain... naughtiness...

Your body will never live a limb behind, as it were. It'll even itself out no matter what you do. Having said that, your right arm will probably always be stronger.

Soldato
Dumbells and barbells rather than machines I'd say.

Everyones got that slight imbalance thing going. I know exactly how it is in all my muscle groups :rolleyes: but the best method to bring them up equally is to train both sides the same.

Caporegime
OP
panthro said:
so many jokes to answer the title...........
Bugger - never even noticed :p

Cheers for the replies - I guess its all gonna take time, just frustrating sometimes - good idea regards 'tiring' my stronger arm, but I guess that could make the difference even bigger...

Any further ideas regards diet though :confused: - might stick that in a seperate thread as its annoying me that I cant eat much cheese, but thats the main source of protein outside soya for me...

//Mike said:
I have spent the last 10 minutes looking for that cartoon of a guy with a really beefed up right arm and a stick for a left arm with suitable caption underneath :p.
Im waiting ;)

Last edited:

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
^^

Do you look something like this?

post-11-1089381157.jpg

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Im being serious here....no really i am :p

Masturbation will have your left arm caught back up in no time.
Im right handed with everthing but the flick of the wrist and my left arm is bigger and stronger then my right arm :o

Now off you go and TUG TUG TUG!!!! :p

Caporegime
OP
Zip said:
Im being serious here....no really i am :p

Masturbation will have your left arm caught back up in no time.
Im right handed with everthing but the flick of the wrist and my left arm is bigger and stronger then my right arm :o

Now off you go and TUG TUG TUG!!!! :p
How many sets/reps would you recommend for this regime oh wise one? :p

Back
Top Bottom