Heads Up -- Paparazzi Tonight on BBC3 - 10 30 PM

Soldato
10:30 pm BBC3
Paparazzi
The paps go on the hunt for A-list celebs from Barbados to the Bahamas. In the frame are Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas. Strong language. Then 60 Seconds.

Last edited:
Caporegime
bobbyboy uk said:
10:30 pm BBC3
Paparazzi
The paps go on the hunt for A-list celebs from Barbados to the Bahamas. In the frame are Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas. Strong language. Then 60 Seconds.

People watch this stuff :confused:

Soldato
Why not? Its an interesting insight into the world of a paparazzi photographer. Its quite informative even if they can be down right nasty in their efforts to get the shot.

Soldato
I have watched it a few times and found it quite interesting actually, to see how people earn from their photos and what effort they have to put in if they want to be the top dog in the game.

Soldato
Good show tonight, nice to see the deaf guy getting his exclusives of michael douglass' post op scars.

Also, did anybody else think the two that got the Beckham's nanny shots were actually really bad? I know they were rushed to get the shots, but the ones they got were really bad.

Associate
MrSix said:
Also, did anybody else think the two that got the Beckham's nanny shots were actually really bad? I know they were rushed to get the shots, but the ones they got were really bad.

Didn't see the prog (no tv) but are you talking about the quality of specific shots?

I've always been told by newspaper snappers (I don't know many people who snap for glossies) that its not the quality of the shot that counts as long as you can tell who it is. It often gets printed at newspaper resolution in b/w.
They always have endless stories about jumping hedges and creeping through back gardens to get shots the police don't want them to.
Not a side of photography I like, but then I don't need shots to pay my rent I guess which lets my think I have scruples.

Quote " 400 with 1d going over the cliff"!!! Hey I got a better idea, Why not hand it to me and enjoy your anger without your cam! Dammn id never do that to a lovely kit "mmmmmmm kiss's and tells good cams n lens that I love them" :D

I feel sorry for the paps actually. I mean I believe it is seen as "fun" not a job. I mean it makes you reliease that its job or no job to get these shots.

Associate
add my 2p
I love this type of show... they had one on Sky recently which was also pretty good, those guys who got Michael Douglas sure got a winner with that shot

Soldato
MichaelG said:
Didn't see the prog (no tv) but are you talking about the quality of specific shots?

I've always been told by newspaper snappers (I don't know many people who snap for glossies) that its not the quality of the shot that counts as long as you can tell who it is. It often gets printed at newspaper resolution in b/w.

No, that's not what I meant at all - obviously your shots produced from a 1D sporting various pieces of L glass are going to produce "nice" photos. What I meant was, the actual shots they were taking were pretty poor. You couldn't make much out, she was just checking in and it wasn't that interesting.

The guys on the beach got some cracking shots of Elle Mcfearson and Rachael Hunter which were worthy of printing - full body shots etc.

Obviously you can say "yeah but they were rushing to get the shots etc" but at the end of the day, you can't use that as an excuse if you want the million pound shot :)

Associate
was a really good show i thought, always interesting to see the pressure these guys are under and the lengths they will go to to get the shot.

those 2 trainee paps were having a bit of a crap time werent they!!

Soldato
Watched this last night and now I know thats really not the kind of job id want, however, they get to use some very nice kit. Didnt realise what a cutthroat type business it was.

I was pleased to see someone else called Darryn, who actually spelt it correctly, never heard of another Darryn in my life before. :D

Back
Top Bottom