Well, my old car has gone, new car is getting close to the road!

Soldato
XYJ has now gone to its new owner! Take care!

What a painless transaction too, he was an excellent Ebayer - just turned up with the cash, recognised the car was as described (didn't even look about it or start it up), signed the doc's, off he went!

So if ya' about in Nottingham, keep an eye open!

Well, with the other car I finally know what needs doing, now I've got it MOT'd once for a trial run...

Complete fail sheet reads as this - Not too bad at all, certainly easily fixed!
- OS windscreen washer provides insufficient liquid (oh noes!)

- Lower steering column flexible coupling locking device insecure

- Lower steering column flexible coupling has excessive play

- OS steering rack system has excessive free play detected at the steering wheel, with rack fitted

- Steering rack insecure

- Rear fuel pipe leaking

- Rear both brake pipes inadequately clipped

- NSF wheel bearing rough

- OSR brake recording little or no effort (none)

- NSR brake grabbing severely

- OSR parking brake recording little or no effort

I think I'm just going to get a brake overhaul kit for the rear....but my axle appears to be losing oil into the drums (or was) and has contaminated the shoes.

www.antchip.com/newstartup.mov < right click save as, 15mb file, but that's what a hideously overfuelling Sprint that's long overdue a service on a full Janspeed exhuast sounds like.

Anyways, need to start collecting things now - backbox, steering wheel, new wheels, alloy rack mounts & coupling, oil catch tank, breathers, new intake system, s'all gonna go in!

stm1.jpg

stm2.jpg

stm3.jpg

stm4.jpg

Back to normal rideheight - am considering lowering it, but I think I might just go for some larger/wider wheels & rubber. More mods to come!

Soldato
OP
Well - it looks worse than it is, as most are repeats - all I need to do is new alloy rack mounts, new Rally design steering UJ, rear brake service kit and some hose clamps - that'll see the job done!

:cool:

Soldato
OP
Yea, the white one was my 1850HL auto (now sold, been renamed Gabriel and lives in Notts, was picked up this morning!)

The new one is a 1971 Triumph 1500 (pre-Dolomite), was originally a 1500 (OHV 4 pot, front wheel drive) but has a Sprint engine, gearbox, rear axle, front suspenion & steering, dash piece - as well as a fast road cam, full Janspeed exhaust etc. Probably around 160BHP, but it'll be rolling roaded when I get the chance and have bolted all the other shiny bits onto it!

It's a new 'fast' road project, that's tax exempt to boot :D

P1010065.jpg

This car hasn't seen the road since 1984 :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom