• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opteron 146 clock results

Soldato
OP
i would but i doubt that i would benefit from it.

im at 2900mhz currently at 1.375v
im not even stable at 2950 even with max 1.45v on the vcore.
anything higher than the 290HTT is just plain unstable.
i have not tried 291-294htt but i tried 295-300htt and not stable on the overclocks with them.

i guess i should try 291 and go up and up and see if im stable.
the northbridge may be crapping out on me or something i guess.
ram is currently on divider at 193mhz. ram works perfectly fine at speeds of 228mhz so ram is not holding me back.

Permabanned
Cyber-Mav said:
i would but i doubt that i would benefit from it.

lmao, everyone else benefitted from doing the volt mod, i couldnt get 2.8 without it..

and like i said before, these boards ARE FINE at 300htt and higher.

Soldato
OP
right this is the highest stable speed i can get it to:

opteron4.png

HTT of 292 giving me 2920mhz @ 1.375v

i tried to go to 293htt and get 2930mhz but snm would crash within a few minutes.

odd thing is i even tried 1.40v, 1.425v and 1.45v at 293htt and it still wasn;t stable. max load temps were at 47c during the snm testing of 2920mhz. im sure to get that extra 10mhz the bumping of vcore from 1.375 to 1.45 would have been more than sufficient but it looks to me like im hitting a board limitation rather than a core limitation.

oh well 2920mhz is not that bad for 1.375v ehh?

Suspended
Cyber-Mav said:
i tried to go to 293htt and get 2930mhz but snm would crash within a few minutes.

odd thing is i even tried 1.40v, 1.425v and 1.45v at 293htt and it still wasn;t stable. max load temps were at 47c during the snm testing of 2920mhz. im sure to get that extra 10mhz the bumping of vcore from 1.375 to 1.45 would have been more than sufficient but it looks to me like im hitting a board limitation rather than a core limitation.

oh well 2920mhz is not that bad for 1.375v ehh?

that to me sounds more like your volts are being reported incorrectly. There is no difference between 1.375 and 1.45v? Im sure there is

can voltage be displayed incorrectly?

Soldato
OP
the only difference there was with the higher volts was that the temps went higher on the cpu.

i did another test now by reducing the multiplier and upping the htt, i tried 300x9 to give me 2.7ghz and it was indeed unstable.

looks like i have maxed out my htt speed at 292mhz.

question is this: 292htt, is this the boards limit or the cpu's limit?

Associate
I can say for certain that this is a HTT issue. get yourself an expert or even an Ultra D if on a budget aye. you might get some awsome results with a DFI mobo with that chip

Soldato
OP
hmm, iv had a lot of people tell me that the cpu i have could give some very nice results under the right board.

my gfx card is comming next week so i will be fully up and running with pci-e power. then i will think about this board. the dfi expert board seems to be the best one to go for but im going to have to wait till its price drops down a lot.

Mul

Mul

Associate
The nF4 Ultra-D is a fantastic board to go for if you don't plan on spending as much as an expert and don't have SLI in mind. Rock solid board and I havn't seen an Ultra-D struggle at FSB's over 290.

Mul

Associate
Dude u sure u cant hit more, maybe with some more go go juice it will go higher. As its only stock Vcore from what i can see.

Associate
Cyber-Mav said:
hmm, iv had a lot of people tell me that the cpu i have could give some very nice results under the right board.

my gfx card is comming next week so i will be fully up and running with pci-e power. then i will think about this board. the dfi expert board seems to be the best one to go for but im going to have to wait till its price drops down a lot.

sorry to keep pimping this but when these boards are fully modded you can hit 370htt 0 however, it still nice to have an ultra-d, with 3.9v on the mem and lots of settings to play with

theres 1 in mm now ;) (you can mod the ultra-d to sli)

Suspended
m3csl2004 said:
sorry to keep pimping this but when these boards are fully modded you can hit 370htt 0 however, it still nice to have an ultra-d, with 3.9v on the mem and lots of settings to play with

theres 1 in mm now ;) (you can mod the ultra-d to sli)

yep, u can mod it. no idea how though!

Back
Top Bottom