DVI port, if I have one, should I use it ?

Associate
I'm looking for a new TFT, minimum of 19".

My eye was very much on the Acer 19" widescreen model, but after seeing it has no DVI port I'm not sure what to do :rolleyes:

My main thing on the PC is games, so I'm now not sure what to buy.

Graphics card is an x800 XT, which has a DVI-I dual link port.

I'm thinking between the £150 £250 range, any help is much appreciated.

Associate
Some say they notice a big difference when using DVI rather than VGA, others say they don't notice a thing. With some monitors using the DVI will give you better image quality.

Man of Honour
When I switched from using VGA to DVI on my Viewsonic 17" it made no noticeable difference. I should take a picture of both and compare to see if I'm just bad at noticing but I really can't be bothered.

Associate
OP
If I'm not going to see much difference then I should forget about the lack of DVI support and take a gamble and buy it I guess.

As stated before in other topics, the price is very hard to disagree with.

Associate
DVI or not DVI that is the question

I have just upgarded my monitor myself to a 20.1" widescreen Viewsonic 2025w and I'm using the DVI I personally think that using the DVI really helps. My old monitor was a sony using a 15 pin d-sub and at the time I thought this was fine I have now started to use DVI I would say that the picture quality is a lot better weather this is due to the screen being slightly newer but I would say that the picture quality is a lot sharper in detail and the overall clarity is better. Personally I would recomend the Viewsonic VX912 it offers excellent picture quality and the viewsonics tend to get good write ups and score well in reviews. It is also within your budget.

Associate
The Acer isn't bad for the money

Sorry thought you were after a 4:3 if your after widescreen for the money the Acer isn't a bad buy at all, looking at the price and the spec the two major things that affect picture quality is responce time which is pretty good on the Acer and contrast ratio which isn't bad either. I also checked on the Acer website for you and it says on the website that it comes with DVI. Sorry for the muddle eariler.

Back
Top Bottom