Well, at least the Headgasket didn't go..

Soldato
Jesus ******* christ!

There goes hundreds of pounds and hours of working on the car :(

Glad you weren't too shaken up though Ben. Just goes to show that Rovers can withstand some battering.

I see you got the spoiler off though ;)

Soldato
-westy- said:
Basically, I was reversing down a lane (albeit too fast), the back end drifted towards the bank and dug in, turned the car onto its roof.

Hrm sounds very much like your Rover was imitating an early Porsche 911 for the last few seconds of its life. Fully comp I hope, glad your all right anyhow.

Soldato
OP
geiger said:
Hrm sounds very much like your Rover was imitating an early Porsche 911 for the last few seconds of its life. Fully comp I hope, glad your all right anyhow.

I was covered fully comp, but i'm not claiming - my excess would be about the same as the value of the car. Plus i've cancelled my insurance now anyway.

Soldato
OP
geiger said:
You might get more by scrapping it for parts but I sold mine to a guy using it for a trackday car. He didnt care about the damage because it was getting a full rollcage anyway :)

Yep, i'm taking quite a few bits off it, including the seats - i'm underselling them at £50 for the lot, but to be honest I just want them gone.

Soldato
Oof. The smae thing nearly hapened to a 205 I was a passenger in once. Ended up doing an impromptu J turn instead, but could have ended quite differently if the banks had been a little narrower.

Soldato
that is so sad. my brother had a clio that he rolled off a motorway at 50-odd-mph and it retained a better shape than that rover.

sorry but those cars strike me as nothing but shoddy.

Back
Top Bottom